Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

I have too my bellmere they are a great colour arn't they, does yours have pearling or non pearling? my 4 are all non pearling

Edit sorry should have asked are yours red eye or brown eye

Last edited:
Have you really, wow. Awesome awesome, so excited by this news, I think you should show first ozguineas, I dont think mine will compare. They are such an awesome colour. Pearling or non pearling it doesnt matter.

I was so, so, so excitted and thrilled to read about yours mr bellmere and I cannot wait to see it and see if it has pearling or not? and the eye colour too please dont keep us in too long of suspence its hard to wait

Last edited:
Orrrr shucks, tnx for that, means so much to me. I tried to send you a pm with the bird but its still not working. How can I contact you?
Oh, they have black eyes, red or brown are so old school.

OOh black eyes that's so awesome can't wait to do the swap, your message worked but no picture
sad.png
sad.png
I did reply and look forward to the picture thanks for that
big_smile.png

mr bellmere I believe you cant share pictures till you have reached ten posts.

I used to raise Cockatiels, Budgies, and finches (hobby only). Within Cockatiels you get red eyes in Lutinos.... And Cinimon which can have either black eyes or red eyes (though I have never seen a cinimon)
Is eye color is linked to feather color in the same way in guineas....? If so there should be a white guinea that produces red eye color. Maybe here in the states we haven't keyed in to eye color for breed selection.

here is a great article on Cockatiels and color and it talks about the sex link within color (though Cockatiels can be sexed by color

http://www.petcraft.com/docs/cockatie.shtml

I see alot of the same terminology in this article.....

deb "who cant wait for winter to end here so she can get more keets"

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

I hope they are ok, have you wormed them?

I have never wormed any of my birds and they are all healthy.

Quote:
What are you referring to? The fluffed feathers? They shook thier feathers at the time of the photo, I have never lost an adult guinea thus far (to disease)..... thanks for your concern though
roll.png

I hope they are ok, have you wormed them?

That pic was taken about 5 months ago, the two you are referring to are healthy happy freeranging adults (by day). So for the second time they are fine!!!! PS yes they are wormed with all wormer tablets, just to ease your worried mind.......

Quote:
Hi there, yes I would love to see some pics of your birds, that is awesome!!! Hope to see some pics soon
smile.png
PS going to take some new pics of my birds for you all to see.

Back
Top Bottom