What is Reese? Milk snake?
Corn.
I really wanted a dwarf boa, but the corn snakes were easier to come by and seemed better for a first timer.

This is the picture from the ad (I have not been able to get a better pic). He looks a bit brighter.
1897.jpeg

View attachment 2926059
Lil Reese's just arrived!
Reese's is about three, and I think it's a boy. I haven't checked though. This is my first reptile.
You have birds, right? They count! 😂

About the substrate, I would err on the side of caution and say yes. Usually heat treatment helps kill off any insects/mice, fungal spores, bacteria and destroys any volatile oils in the wood. Cypress mulch is /notorious/ for being full of mites.

You have birds, right? They count! 😂

About the substrate, I would err on the side of caution and say yes. Usually heat treatment helps kill off any insects/mice, fungal spores, bacteria and destroys any volatile oils in the wood. Cypress mulch is /notorious/ for being full of mites.
Birds. . .🤔

His Tupperware was getting pretty cold (the house is just freezing!) So I went ahead and put the cypress down and set him up. I have a new bag of substrate (Aspen) and I won't use the cypress again, it's too hard to come by here. I'll probably swap it out soon.

Birds. . .🤔

His Tupperware was getting pretty cold (the house is just freezing!) So I went ahead and put the cypress down and set him up. I have a new bag of substrate (Aspen) and I won't use the cypress again, it's too hard to come by here. I'll probably swap it out soon.
I just figured you have chickens or something too if you’re on this forum?

Aspen is more convenient though it sticks to everything lol. What’s your heating setup?

I just figured you have chickens or something too if you’re on this forum?

Aspen is more convenient though it sticks to everything lol. What’s your heating setup?
I do have birds. Regular chickens, silkie chickens, fat ducks, and traitor ducks. They're so different from what I consider a reptile though. Perhaps I could let my chickens free-range and then tell people this is a great herping area🤪

He has two lamps, and infrared one and a. . . Regular one🙈? The people I got him from used the red lamp at night and the other one during the day. I'm really not sure how to set up his heat. I just put the lamps the same way he's always had them.

I'm really not sure I should go off of what I was told by his old owners. They didn't seem like the most knowledgeable snake people. What I find on the internet is so weird. I feel like I'm reading the same articles over and over again but I am not getting any idea about what to do for sure.

Last edited:
20211212_090645.jpg

Here's his home.
I really hate the big statue in there, I want him to have some climbing area but that guy is glued to the base. He has another tiny plastic hide, a fake plant, and a branch type thing.
I want more hides and branches in there.
I'll probably get an entirely new habitat for him down the road. This one has a huge crack in the bottom (sealed with resin and I put a puppy pad underneath just in case) and a rip in the screen.

Back
Top Bottom