South Carolina

I hope everyone and their chickies stay cool today in this ridiculous weather! All mine got frozen watermelon and ice in their water before I left for work...I sure hope they can tough it out!

yuckyuck.gif
I thought I was the only 1 addicted to BYC to stay on it @ work all day.
caf.gif

Quote:
Most definitely not the only one! Although, I am not at work, I AM supposed to be writing a research paper today. I"m thinking it's going to be on Chickens.....

I don't feel too hot right now. Drinking plenty of cold water!
I jumped up this morning at 6:30, ran through chores as quickly as I could, to the feed mill, back home to unload grain, back on the road to go pick up a pen off of CL, now back home to unload it. Gotta run to NC for piggie pellets and back home to sell ducklings this afternoon.
At some point I want to get my new pen up! I am ready to put my Silkies in a new pen.

I was hoping for a 10x 10 pen but it turned out to have 5 panels. Three are 6' and 2 are 8'. I can make it work so I am not worried. A pen is a pen is another pen!
big_smile.png

Quote:
330 pm - Only 93 here......heat index is 100

I was out earlier - around noon. It was H-U-M-I-D! Not too bad heat wise, but the humidity thrown in made it a doozy!

Of course that also depends on which website you ask..........

And spartanburg is showing as hotter than here
ep.gif

Well, it's 4:30 and my thermometer says 105 degrees and that's in the shade. No idea what the heat index is but the humidity is horrible. A breeze would be nice, anything would help. It's just so still and hot, like standing inside the oven. So far my birds are all doing ok. Most of them have dug down into a hole so they're laying in the mud panting. I've given them fresh water and everybody comes running for that. Thank goodness that we have lots of shade here.

Back
Top Bottom