The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
View attachment 3554136
Bought one of these on promotion thru AliExpress a while back, cost me £16 and can do 15 chicken eggs or 49 quail eggs something like that. Other than the water resivoir things being dumb and the quail egg slots are designed for Chinese button quail (far smaller), it's successfully hatched 6 batches so far.

I also used the infamous HDD Chinese incubator with mixed success, if you put a good towel over and around the incubator it performs far better but they sell for like £90 now and I paid £30 new lol.

My borotto is undefeated though, flawless hatches everytime with that bad boy.

I also don't like the brinseas, my borotto cost me £150 less than the brinsea equivalent and smashed it out the park. I think the brinseas are good quality but not worth the amount they cost, new or used.

I wasn't a fan of the NR360, not because it's bad it is a great incubator but I just prefer the capacity and build quality of my borottos, for not much more money.
I use this one as well I just have the 8 chicken 30 something quail egg size I hatch quail so that’s what I use but the quail turner does not work so I rigged up the chicken egg turner with tooth picks. My first hatch with it went with a 80% hatch rate my second hatch is underway going into lockdown on July 1 so hopefully this one goes well right now 11/12 are developing. And for $50 it’s worth the price.

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 25
Not going to read the whole thread, but I do have a Nurture Right incubator, and while it works well, it does have some cons. It needs higher sides, at least three or four inches, to keep babies from jumping out when the top is lifted off. This was especially a problem when I hatched a batch of quail, which are like popcorn, but it's been an issue with chicks, too. And I wish it was easier to put the top back onto it -- it needs some kind of guides or slots to help with positioning. Last, while I like the expanse of clear plastic for visibility, it would be more energy efficient to have more insulation on the thing. I could do with less visibility and more energy efficiency. I've been using mine for hatching, leaving the eggs in my styrofoam incubator most of the way through, and then transferring them over to the NR, so the issue with chicks hopping out has been a real problem. Oh, and really, really last, as others have said, it's not easy to clean. Better than styrofoam that way, though.

Just chiming in to brag I scored a NR360 for $50 and I’m excited! It needed a really good cleaning. Kinda seemed like it had been left outside. But everything seems to work! Have a Govee in now to track humidity and temp.

It’s missing the B plug, too. Do the units NEED the plugs? Would plastic wrap around both ports work? I’m not sure how you’d cover one and not both…🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3493.jpeg
    IMG_3493.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 20
Just chiming in to brag I scored a NR360 for $50 and I’m excited! It needed a really good cleaning. Kinda seemed like it had been left outside. But everything seems to work! Have a Govee in now to track humidity and temp.

It’s missing the B plug, too. Do the units NEED the plugs? Would plastic wrap around both ports work? I’m not sure how you’d cover one and not both…🤔
200 (3).gif
That is a score. I've been watching CL and there's not really been anything cheap in my area but then I get to the bottom where it shows other areas and there's always a bargain or two it seems.
Maybe wrap both ports then stab a hole on one side?
Idk but I'm thinking the biggest thing about the plug may be to slow down evaporation :confused:

Maybe cut a sponge to fit the B port? I don’t think you need it, but it would block it off pretty easily…

Back
Top Bottom