The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
@The Moonshiner
I have 7 days left still with my 20 eggs. (Started with 30...9 scrambled from shipping and one didn't develope)

I've been running dry this entire time...

Are you dry hatching in your maticoopx??

My dry hatch is already leaps and bounds better then the last time I incubated with this incubator ...hoping for a solid hatch.
I am on the East Coast, ambient humidity is 50-60 and Incubator will stay in the 30-40. What is your humidity at? I checked the air cells and none seemed compromised. This time around I weighed all the eggs and marked the air cells. I weigh a few eggs every 3 days to make sure we are in track, I candled once and a removed 1 spoiled egg, noticed several eggs showed good development.
I also checked the temperature with a glass liquid thermometer and recalibrated govee wifi sensors to the incubators.

Last edited:
Oh, that's brilliant. Let me know if any issues arise.
I'll run this batch then have some on hand before starting the next one.
Thanks for sharing.
Just an update on my progress.
Day 9. Incubator 1 - 29 shipped eggs and one from my hens. Of the 29 shipped eggs I removed 2 that were spoiled and one with “ring of death”. 19 of the shipped show good development. I am not removing the ones that do not smell bad because I cannot tell for sure they are quitters or not fertilized.
Day 7. Incubator 2. 29 eggs from my hens and one shipped egg with a crack that I repaired with “new skin”. Amazingly the cracked egg shows development, 12 of my own also show development.

Temperature 99.5, humidity 40, turners on for all eggs, monitoring eggs air cells every 3 days and weight loss and we are on track, based on a projected total weight loss of 13% over 18 days.

I am switching the eggs position in the trays when I weigh so hopefully there are no eggs stuck in a colder or warmer spot the whole time.

I calibrated two wifi govees to the incubators for peace of mind and temperature/humidity seem to be quite stable.

Support from Maticoopx has been excellent.

The percentage of eggs showing development is much greater this time around. My previous disastrous and first ever attempt, I had only placed 12 eggs in the incubator which probably led to the temperature and humidity to fluctuate more.

20 out of 29 shipped eggs showing development seems a good rate to me. As usual USPS delayed the delivery date and manage to break 2 of the eggs that were masterfully packaged in a box with so many “fragile” and “handle with care” labels on it it was almost comical. As per the eggs from my own hens, too soon to tell if more are viable, but lower percentage is likely due to the fact that I have only one rooster and 21 hens.
Of course we have a long way to go still, so we shall see.

How about you guys? @The Moonshiner and @Hedgeland Farms?

Last edited:
I am on the East Coast, ambient humidity is 50-60 and Incubator will stay in the 30-40. What is your humidity at? I checked the air cells and none seemed compromised. This time around I weighed all the eggs and marked the air cells. I weigh a few eggs every 3 days to make sure we are in track, I candled once and a removed 1 spoiled egg, noticed several eggs showed good development.
I also checked the temperature with a glass liquid thermometer and recalibrated govee wifi sensors to the incubators.
My incubator has been staying between 37-41

Just an update on my progress.
Day 9. Incubator 1 - 29 shipped eggs and one from my hens. Of the 29 shipped eggs I removed 2 that were spoiled and one with “ring of death”. 19 of the shipped show good development. I am not removing the ones that do not smell bad because I cannot tell for sure they are quitters or not fertilized.
Day 7. Incubator 2. 29 eggs from my hens and one shipped egg with a crack that I repaired with “new skin”. Amazingly the cracked egg shows development, 12 of my own also show development.

Temperature 99.5, humidity 40, turners on for all eggs, monitoring eggs air cells every 3 days and weight loss and we are on track, based on a projected total weight loss of 13% over 18 days.

I am switching the eggs position in the trays when I weigh so hopefully there are no eggs stuck in a colder or warmer spot the whole time.

I calibrated two wifi govees to the incubators for peace of mind and temperature/humidity seem to be quite stable.

Support from Maticoopx has been excellent.

The percentage of eggs showing development is much greater this time around. My previous disastrous and first ever attempt, I had only placed 12 eggs in the incubator which probably led to the temperature and humidity to fluctuate more.

20 out of 29 shipped eggs showing development seems a good rate to me. As usual USPS delayed the delivery date and manage to break 2 of the eggs that were masterfully packaged in a box with so many “fragile” and “handle with care” labels on it it was almost comical. As per the eggs from my own hens, too soon to tell if more are viable, but lower percentage is likely due to the fact that I have only one rooster and 21 hens.
Of course we have a long way to go still, so we shall see.

How about you guys? @The Moonshiner and @Hedgeland Farms?
I still have 20 of 30 eggs...
My eggs weren't packaged with much care....I took 9 out that were scrambled and 1 out that stopped developing....

2 cracked in transit so I placed 2 from my flock in there...

I have 4.5 more days left...and a set of twins...that appear to still be moving in the shell (at least one is)

I'm very hands off set it and forget it with incubating.
I'm only on like day 9 and haven't candled yet. Probably won't until lockdown or the day before.
Temp is staying rock steady. I've got it set on 99.5 and that's what it reads every time I've looked. Ok so I only look once or twice a day but still.
I have no idea about humidity but I'll throw a gauge in there in a couple days once the 360 is done. It's in lockdown now. Last lockdown the 360 was showing about 20% higher then actual and so far in the first days the Maticoopx was reading about 15% whatever the 360 was so it has to be closer to accurate.
Once the 360 is done I'll start keeping a closer watch on the Maticoopx.
My next incubator will probably join the fun next Sunday.

I go into lock down tonight...I checked temp and humidity for a wk with an extra thermometer and hydrometer...they were both dead on so I took them both out prior to incubating and have been running off of what the incubator says since then.

I guess we shall see how accurate it's been this whole time in the next few days

Back
Top Bottom