Things you wish you could say

Yeah. He had completely abandoned his shell (it was not stuck anywhere, and was easily accessible), and curled up next to his water dish. When I found him, he did not have any smell to him (yes, I sniffed him). When I still was unsure, I gently probed his antenna and eye stalks. Nothing. I brought him outside to bury him, and he was only then starting to have the stinky ocean smell. This is exactly how I found him, but obviously he was in his tank.

View attachment 3882923

No signs of having been dragged out of his shell by his new family; the sand around him and his shell only had his footprints. It is like he died either trying to get a drink, or after he had already drank. The real pain of it was that if I had gone straight to the tank after waking up rather than going downstairs to use the bathroom, I probably would have been holding him when he died. 😔😢
Poor guy. Sorry, losing a pet sucks. Even losing a hermie, they are pets too :hugs

Yeah. He had completely abandoned his shell (it was not stuck anywhere, and was easily accessible), and curled up next to his water dish. When I found him, he did not have any smell to him (yes, I sniffed him). When I still was unsure, I gently probed his antenna and eye stalks. Nothing. I brought him outside to bury him, and he was only then starting to have the stinky ocean smell. This is exactly how I found him, but obviously he was in his tank.

View attachment 3882923

No signs of having been dragged out of his shell by his new family; the sand around him and his shell only had his footprints. It is like he died either trying to get a drink, or after he had already drank. The real pain of it was that if I had gone straight to the tank after waking up rather than going downstairs to use the bathroom, I probably would have been holding him when he died. 😔😢
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom