TSC has a horrible website!!!!!!!!!

smokeykk

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ok, so we all im sure have been on TSC's website before. We may be getting some chicks, and i've read they are cheap, i have to say something before i ask my questions. (this is to the creators of tsc's website) WHEN I CLICK STORE EVENTS I DON'T WANT A LIST OF FLIPPIN STORES, I MAY ACTUALLY BE LOOKING FOR STORE EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..... just had to get that out of me... tehehehehehehehe
lau.gif

Ok so now here are my questions....

Does anyone know exactly how much chicks cost?
Is there a certain amount you can get?
Could you just ask the (i've heard... the nice term... uneducated) workers if there are any that they would like to give away for FREE
tongue2.gif
?
does anyone know what the chick days are for pottstown PA? (That's our closest store) I REALLLY want some cheap chicks
tongue2.gif

Are the different kinds of chicks different amounts? (not that i need certain breeds... just good layers!)
Are they cheaper if you buy in bulk
celebrate.gif
?
And also...
Are the chicks a certain age?
How often do they usually get shipments?

ANy help would be appreciated... I joined just recently and i know some terms.... but still new to the whole
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
thing. I want some CHICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Ok so now here are my questions....

Does anyone know exactly how much chicks cost? It varies by state. Up here in Maine they are 2.99 each

Is there a certain amount you can get? Again it varies, someplaces require you to purchase 6 other place 3 some places there is no min. Maybe you could call you local TSC and ask?

Could you just ask the (i've heard... the nice term... uneducated) workers if there are any that they would like to give away for FREE?
Generally they do not give any chicks away for free. the company wants to earn a profit, and they can get their money back from the hatcheries for any chicks that die.

does anyone know what the chick days are for pottstown PA? (That's our closest store) I REALLLY want some cheap chicks. No clue
sad.png

Are the different kinds of chicks different amounts? (not that i need certain breeds... just good layers!) They usually have a variety, but if they don't have the breed you want, they can order them for you.

Are they cheaper if you buy in bulk ? It's a flat fee (from my experience). If you order from an online hatchery you can usually get a discount when you order more than 25 chicks.

And also...
Are the chicks a certain age? They are usually day olds, though they can be a bit older.

How often do they usually get shipments? you would have to call and ask, I can't remember

Good luck! Hope I helped
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio!

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
That sure was a FUN READ! Did you get your
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy yet?
ya.gif
if you did;
rant.gif
if you didn't !Keep circling that TSC parling lot. When they have baby chicks, they have a sign posted near the front door announcing BABY CHICKS! My girlfriend wanted 12, got 18, gave away 4.

Call the store before you go, I have been to the tsc in lebanon, pa.. 3 times in the past week and they are always sold out...but I think dh calls them before i get there and has them hide all the chicks (i have 9 in the brooder now) . i am sure others can answer your questions all i can tell you about tsc is that you have to buy atleast 6.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/content/knowhow/livestockcare/livestock_care_raising_poultry_expert_advice

It's
officially 3/2 - 5/27 but some stores had chicks in late February. I don't know how often shipments come in -- I would guess that varies by store & demand. Best to call and ask what they have before you go so you aren't disappointed or tempted to buy something you didn't really want just because you're there and they are cute. The pricing on the bins here ranges from $1.99 to $2.99 here BUT pricing is regional on most things so it might be different there. They stock different things in different stores as well.

Things to know before you go:
"straight run" means males and females are mixed together
"pullet" means female
"bantam" is a very small breed or a miniature of a breed that is also available in standard size
"cornish rock" is a meat chicken, not a good layer
"poult" is a turkey

Most stores have a minimum of 6.

THANK YOU everyone that could help! and debid... i knew the first 2 but thanks for the last 3..... i heard the 3rd and 4th terms b4 just didn't know what they meant and thanks for the poult part..... if i would have wanted those and they turned out to be turkeys... I just might have been eaten for thanksgiving dinner....
tongue2.gif

Last time hubby and I were at TSC when they had chicks I asked the nice young man what breed of birds were in the tub in front of me. He replied "Straight run". I told him I understood that they are not sexed but what possible breeds might be in the tank since some where yellow, some black, some red, etc, he said "Straight run". I thought hubby was gonna have an accident in aisle 5... lol

Back
Top Bottom