TSC has a horrible website!!!!!!!!!

I agree with calling the local store, and calling ahead to ask when the chicks are coming in. We went by TSC today for supplies. We were told more chicks are coming tomorrow at 8am, and if the previous several weeks are any indication, all 350 chicks will be sold by 12 or 1 pm that very same day.

i feel awfully blessed with our local tsc out here in belton, mo...no problems calling or stopping by and getting questions asked

orscheln's too has been great!

I just got some chicks from TSC afew weeks ago. And the straight run was $2.50 and the pullets were $2.99. I know they set up the metal bins for the chicks on a monday and the chicks didnt arrive until that Thursday. The chicks were late. But they were definitally worth waiting for! If you have any further questions about the chicks at TSC dont be afraid to ask!
jumpy.gif

Also, the minimum order was 6 chicks for my local TSC.

Last edited:
We asked the manager at our local TSC ( Springville,NY) if we could just buy two chicks to keep our lonely little guy company. Not a problem, they know us. That's one of the perks of buying local.
She told us that the 6 chick rule is so that people don't buy them as food for other animals.
sickbyc.gif

TSC usually does not have people that are too knowledgable about the chicks they get. They only know what the invoice says and they usually get a mixture of breeds that are a straight run. To make things worse they mix what they do get which makes it even harder for anyone to figure out what they have. My local TSC had their chicks marked down so it is a hit or miss on prices. I have seen them marked down to .50 each. They usually require you to buy 6 chicks or 3 ducks but if you can find a breed that they only have one or two they will usually let you take that amount.

Quote:
How do you know at 2 weeks of age that they're cockerels?

i know because i've raised baby chicks before and at a certain age, you can notice visable combs/sexing traits...in a previous litter i raised, the ones with combs at almost 3 weeks old all turned out to be males. These jersey giant chicks are 3 weeks now and 6 out of 7 have large combs (99% sure that i have one girl and 6 males). i'll post pics when i can.

Back
Top Bottom