Welsummer or Olive Egger?

Welsummer or Olive Egger?

• Total voters
I have an OE that looks very much like yours, she’s about 3 years old now, lays a green egg that is sometimes on the blueish side. Coincidentally I got her from Meyer Hatchery, not the same Meyer as you, but they sure look similar!
Here is Becky:

Attachments

• IMG_9699.png
    IMG_9699.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9698.png
    IMG_9698.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Ok thanks... so weird. I have 11 pullets that are all 24 weeks and only 1 is laying. I think they enjoy torturing me.
There was not a date on that picture. Actually, it is a screenshot from a video I had made. I knew I had posted it on BYC before. I checked and I posted in June 2023. They were hatched on Dec. 13th 2022. So, yes, that would be around 24 weeks old. I really thought she was beautiful posed like that.

I had 5 of them, but I gave 3 of them to a little girl down the road after they started laying. I still have 2 of them. They are very good layers. The eggs are not real big, medium size I would say.

I have an OE that looks very much like yours, she’s about 3 years old now, lays a green egg that is sometimes on the blueish side. Coincidentally I got her from Meyer Hatchery, not the same Meyer as you, but they sure look similar!
Here is Becky:
Ah ha! This is what I've been searching everywhere for! Thank you! Yes, I believe my girls look just like yours except their combs haven't matured fully yet. Thank you! Does her eggs have speckles?

Ah ha! This is what I've been searching everywhere for! Thank you! Yes, I believe my girls look just like yours except their combs haven't matured fully yet. Thank you! Does her eggs have speckles?
Glad I could help!! No speckles, but she throws a heavy bloom every once in a while that gives the egg a gray, cement like color. Love it when she lays those! Fingers crossed your girls gives you some speckles!!!

Back
Top Bottom