What did you do in the garden today?

They store well for use in the winter. There was a time when produce was seasonal.
I’m still new to growing something other than yellow crooked neck 😂. There was a time I could only grow beans!!
I put these in w fall/winter seeds - why didn’t grow last year. Good thing bc I had mosaic virus and ended up covering it all w black plastic to kill it 😑
My dd and I love a goat cheese and butternut pizza! And soup!

I put Japanese beetle pheromone traps in the poultry yard a few years ago. The ones that miss the trap are eaten. I switch bags and freeze them for winter treats.
BTW they just slow down when frozen.
I only have a few nowadays.
I made a trap today w water and ripe banana. Excited to see if I caught anything- giving to my processing plant - aka chickens. Didn’t realize I could freeze. They must have gotten better at catching flies bc the amount in their coop has gone way down

I had 7 blueberry bushes and all died except for one. That one is now 4 ft tall by 5 ft in diameter. Big, bushy, healthy. And not a single damn blueberry on it yet... Even though it's 4 yrs old.
Did you ever check the pH of your soil? My blueberries put out maybe 12 berries/bush. Then I checked the soil and started adding soil acidifier. HUGE difference. My bushes are loaded this year.
freeze them for winter treats.
BTW they just slow down when frozen.
I froze some last year. I'll do it again this year when I catch gobs each day.

What brand and where did you buy the acidifier from?
Espoma makes an entire line of organic fertilizers. They have one called Soil Acidifier, and that's the one I used. They have a LOT of "special" ones that are ___ Tone. Like Tree Tone, Berry Tone, Tomato Tone, etc. I put the Tree Tone around my cherry trees last fall and again this spring. I used the Tomato Tone with my tomatoes and peppers, and the tomato plants look really good.

I see this line at hardware stores, TSC, and at garden centers.

Espoma makes an entire line of organic fertilizers. They have one called Soil Acidifier, and that's the one I used. They have a LOT of "special" ones that are ___ Tone. Like Tree Tone, Berry Tone, Tomato Tone, etc. I put the Tree Tone around my cherry trees last fall and again this spring. I used the Tomato Tone with my tomatoes and peppers, and the tomato plants look really good.

I see this line at hardware stores, TSC, and at garden centers.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate you letting me know. I told the lady at the nursery and she said it wasn't getting enough water.

Back
Top Bottom