What did you do in the garden today?

Oh yes, the Superb brand lids. They truly are in both quality and price. My beef is with how I have to get them- some co-op drop food club thing. I have to pick them up at a specific time, at a specific parking lot and be damned my schedule or the weather. And I cannot stop the stupid emails from this company. GRRRRR.
Failure rate with Ball/Kerr/Golden Harvest (all the same company) was up to near 60% during pandemic, down to about 35% two years ago, and then I switched to superb and the generic last year. I didn't touch Pur due to their origin location and questionable lid lining. TSC no longer carries ball, only PUR. And I'm not a fan of the plastic reusable lids with the rubber bands, their long term storage failure is shocking and at the time of processing, there is no seal button to check for a true pressure seal. The superb lid is a GIANT seal indicator and you can hear that seal pop down two counties over. They're also a MUCH thicker lid, which is where Ball/Kerr/golden harvest started to go wrong.
My local Mennonite grocery carries lids in bulk BPA free, unbranded in HUGE stacks 20,50, 100,200 lids at a go for a similar price, and with the same blue tack in the lid that work just as well. I stocked up on both the generic and Superb last year and am good for a while, especially with the Freeze Dryer in the house now.
Thank you so much for this. I have two cases of Pur jars.... They were a gift, she gave me 3 cases, 4 years ago. I used one case and haven't touched the rest, nor do I keep ones that are returned to me. They get turned into other storage when they come back to me.

I will try to source some Superb lids! Thank you.

Chinese government monitors everybody just in case they can use the information. For example, if they found you know any sensitive information or technique secrets, they will attack your computer to steal it. If you worked for US government or any organization that they dislike, they could kidnap you if they want. As other people mentioned, they will steal your credit card too or sale your information to make money. Never underestimate how evil these governments could be. Don't get me wrong, I know US government monitor people too, but I don't need to worry about getting arrested just because I dislike Mr. Brandon.

what you say about chinese government applies to any government and not only. there are organizations behind the governments. big brother is watching.

in my opinion china is not what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom