What did you do in the garden today?

šŸ˜« my dad passed away today. He got an infection at the hospital and couldn't come back from it
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that , the loss of someone so close to you . When the tears come don't hold them back ;they'll come out sooner or later. I'm so sorry for your grief :hugs

Last edited:
Morning all. Got almost an inch of rain last night. Was woken up by all the phones going off for a storm warning with 80 mph winds. We didn't get that, thankfully, but the lightening was crazy! Looked like a strobe light.

I love this time of year when everyone shares pics of the garden progress. Mine this am:
View attachment 3874513
View attachment 3874519
I will have to move the bean tower next year, it's taking over the pepper tower.
View attachment 3874514

Onions are starting to bulb up:View attachment 3874515

The dog flattened my garlic chasing a chipmunk the other day. :he
View attachment 3874516

Tomatoes are doing well. & the dog, chasing a chippy in the rhubarb. Covered squash is doing good too, pollinated a couple more today & pulled out a couple extra plants, was too crowded.
View attachment 3874517

Four of my GreenStalks, they're all doing well, need to feed them this weekend:
View attachment 3874518
Are those hydroponic towers?

I thinned the beets and there were all the small little pointy headed light green bugs in among the roly polys and ladybugs. Didn't look like any damage though.
But my main question to all you garden peeps out there is what's going on with my potatoes curly leaves wilted looking and a few stalks have fallen over. One middle pic is a good leaves but dots in the leaves.
1000001059.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001057.jpg
    1000001057.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1000001058.jpg
    1000001058.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 2
Morning all. Got almost an inch of rain last night. Was woken up by all the phones going off for a storm warning with 80 mph winds. We didn't get that, thankfully, but the lightening was crazy! Looked like a strobe light.

I love this time of year when everyone shares pics of the garden progress. Mine this am:
View attachment 3874513
View attachment 3874519
I will have to move the bean tower next year, it's taking over the pepper tower.
View attachment 3874514

Onions are starting to bulb up:View attachment 3874515

The dog flattened my garlic chasing a chipmunk the other day. :he
View attachment 3874516

Tomatoes are doing well. & the dog, chasing a chippy in the rhubarb. Covered squash is doing good too, pollinated a couple more today & pulled out a couple extra plants, was too crowded.
View attachment 3874517

Four of my GreenStalks, they're all doing well, need to feed them this weekend:
View attachment 3874518
Wow! Look at those Greenstalks! Mine is outside waiting to be put together but I need to make a spot in the shade garden for it. Itā€™s just too hot to do that right now. What all do you have in them?

I thinned the beets and there were all the small little pointy headed light green bugs in among the roly polys and ladybugs. Didn't look like any damage though.
But my main question to all you garden peeps out there is what's going on with my potatoes curly leaves wilted looking and a few stalks have fallen over. One middle pic is a good leaves but dots in the leaves. View attachment 3874551
How long have they been in the ground? Did they bloom already? If so they would be dying back to let you know itā€™s time to dig them up

Are those hydroponic towers?
No they aren't, they have potting soil in them. They're called GreenStalks & I got them so I could keep gardening after a bunch of back surgeries. It's nice to sit on a bench & pick bush beans & strawberries instead of bending!
Wow! Look at those Greenstalks! Mine is outside waiting to be put together but I need to make a spot in the shade garden for it. Itā€™s just too hot to do that right now. What all do you have in them?
Oh boy, lots. I have 7 towers going (1 not set up yet). I have 2 strawberry towers, one June & 1 ever bearing. 1 with greens - lettuce, celery, spinach. 1 Bush beans & edamame. 1 onions & carrots (had radish too). 1 hot peppers. & then 1 with misc leftovers of everything, herbs, flowers & eggplants.

@igorsMistress what color did you end up with?

Good late morning gardeners. So again you stole my rain @Sueby. Lol! We got maybe 1/8 of an inch of rain. It was enough to give the garden a little refreshing sip but I will likely have to water tomorrow. I picked the last of the sugar snap peas earlier. Then I picked some chard and kale. I carried straw up to the green beans and summer squash. I got the straw mulch down and I was done. Our temperatures are finally easing back to more normal levels. The high is only supposed to be 80F today. I got the sourdough bread dough started on itā€™s first rise. Itā€™s pretty warm in the house so it should rise quickly. Happy news, the green beans are starting to bloom.

IMG_6911.jpeg

Todayā€™s haul.
IMG_6909.jpeg

The summer squash putting out their first male blossoms
IMG_6908.jpeg

My green beans.

Ohh, I forgot - I bought a little hand held vacuum to suck up the bad bugs in the garden. :lau I hate squishing them, grosses me out & by the time I get the cup of soapy water under them they're on to me & have flown away. Plus I can't bend so this will give me a shot at getting the low ones. I feel a little crazy. šŸ¤«

Back
Top Bottom