What did you do in the garden today?

Good luck with your carrots! I hope you get great results. I can't count how many garlic cloves I've planted .. not a single one has grown :(
Thank you! And I know exactly how you feel about garlic. Every previous year I’ve planted garlic it sprouts and then rots in the ground come spring. This year I got two nickel-sized bulbs by planting them in the spring instead of the fall, but that’s the best I’ve ever done. I love garlic and would love to grow it myself, so I’m really hoping moving it indoors helps.

I've got 8 pints of beans from picking this week. Still have more to pick...

This is the first time I've planted Kentucky Wonder pole beans. Not sure I'm a fan... Are you supposed to pick them when they are really young? It's likely I picked mine when they were overly mature because I was gone for several weeks. They are very stringy and tough.

Are you supposed to pick them when they are really young?

I planted the Kentucky Wonder pole beans also and yes, if you pick them when they’re young they’ll be tender and without strings. That being said, I also planted Ideal Market pole beans and Rattlesnake pole beans along with the Kentucky Wonders at the same time and those 2 varieties produced beans much earlier than the Kentucky Wonder and tasted better in my opinion.

Kentucky Wonder is definitely the bigger bean of these 3 varieties I grew, some of mine got to be 8-10” in length.

Back
Top Bottom