What sport do/did y'all play in Highschool?

oh yeah no it's competitive, physical/athletic, difficult, requires practice, and we sustain a lot of injuries lol
I'm a mello :D
I was in the drum section for 3 out of 4 years, and wearing a snare for hours on end (with a stupid cymbal and woodblock attached! 🤬) was most definitely a sport, especially when you're 5'2. And don't get me started on parades...

oh yeah no it's competitive, physical/athletic, difficult, requires practice, and we sustain a lot of injuries lol
I'm a mello :D
Do you do orchestra too? Do you swap to a french horn for orchestra season? We had 3 frenchies in our band and they all 3 swapped to mello for marching season. Bigger sound on the field from a mellophone, but still keyed in f like a frenchie.

I was in the drum section for 3 out of 4 years, and wearing a snare for hours on end (with a stupid cymbal and woodblock attached! 🤬) was most definitely a sport, especially when you're 5'2. And don't get me started on parades...
oh my goodness, drumline is it's own level of crazy. them and color guard. definitely our hardest working section! i'm so glad we don't do parades

And itchy wool uniforms. Always a crowd-pleaser in hot weather.

Do you do orchestra too? Do you swap to a french horn for orchestra season? We had 3 frenchies in our band and they all 3 swapped to mello for marching season. Bigger sound on the field from a mellophone, but still keyed in f like a frenchie.
yep! i play french horn for concert band and anything else sitting (like pit orchestra) and mello for anything walking around. the horn is just kinda an evil instrument and mello is waaaaay easier lol

the wool uniforms my beloathed... and they only get washed once per season
I grew up in the low desert in SW Arizona. We had a uniform cleaning budget. They were cleaned after every performance. They had to be, they were almost always sopping wet since marching season here is in the fall and it doesn't cool off until November.

Horrifying.

Back
Top Bottom