What's the temperature where you are???

Wednesday 19th of June 10.16a.m. Sunny and cold 20.4 / 22.2kph W, Hg 40%, 12.6C / 54.7F top of 16C / 61F, heading to a low of 7C / 45F tonite. Sunny. Hazardous surf + sheep graziers warnings.

Moon is 90.0%

Large parts of Australia have woken to their coldest morning of the year in the past two days, as icy weather continues to blast Australia's east ahead of the winter solstice.

And if the cold snap weather didn't have you reaching for the winter woollies already, the 'feels-like' temperature has been even more chilly.

According to observations from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Hobart experienced a "feels-like" temperature between 3-6 degrees Celsius cooler than the actual minimum temperature on Tuesday, and similar again today.

• Melbourne:Actual temperature 3.7C. Feels like temperature 0.4C /32.7F
  • Sydney:Actual temperature 8.5C. Feels like temperature 2.7C
  • Hobart:Actual temperature 5.2C. Feels like temperature 1.4C
  • Canberra:Actual temperature -3.6C. Feels like temperature -6.1C / 21.02F
Meanwhile through alpine and regional areas, some towns — which were already unusually cold — plunged to well below freezing.

BOM forecaster Belinda House said this included Toowoomba's Wellcamp Airport site, Oakey and Roma in Queensland, where the actual temperature was minus 3C to minus 4C on Tuesday morning, but the 'feels like' temperature was minus 7C.

In New South Wales' Tablelands, Glen Innes had an actual temperature of minus 4C but a 'feels-like' temperature of minus 8C / 17.6F.

And in the alpine area, Thredbo and Perisher in the Snowy Mountains both had observations of minus 9C, but a 'feels-like' temperature of minus 12C.

I hope we hit 30 after this chill *wishing* lol
It’s just miserable here for the horses and the chooks. Such high humidity - just like in a steamy shower. We had thunderstorms today but all that did was increase the humidity.

Right now it’s cooled down the 25°c (78°F), the humidex is at 34°c (93°F) and humid is 80%.

Some deal tomorrow with a high of 33°c expected and again high humid.

I have fans running on the horses, and the chooks. Poor kiddos 😟 this weather is miserable even for me.
C148B89F-0EB0-49AD-AA52-DDB4EC5711C5.png

Ok good night everyone!

It’s just miserable here for the horses and the chooks. Such high humidity - just like in a steamy shower. We had thunderstorms today but all that did was increase the humidity.

Right now it’s cooled down the 25°c (78°F), the humidex is at 34°c (93°F) and humid is 80%.

Some deal tomorrow with a high of 33°c expected and again high humid.

I have fans running on the horses, and the chooks. Poor kiddos 😟 this weather is miserable even for me.
View attachment 3866529

Ok good night everyone!
25c is usually the perfect day, sucks to be that humid. bleah.

Back
Top Bottom