What's Your Favorite Recipe You Could Give A College Student to Make?

Ooo those sound really good. With the butter cups do you put them on right as they get out of the oven or do you let them sit first?

I have the cups unwrapped and ready to put on top of the cookies straight out of the oven. That makes the cups stick to the cookie.

They are delicious :drool

Here’s one I found in Taste of Home magazine a long time ago. It’s fast, easy, and good. You can also double the ingredients if you have more than two people.

Tasty Eggs For Two

1 cup thawed hash brown cubes (thaw in microwave)
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup ham, cut into bite size strips (can use any ham or lunch meat)
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1-4 teaspoon dill weed, optional

Brown potatoes and onion in butter. Add broccoli and cook until tender. Add ham. Beat together the eggs, milk and seasonings. Add to skillet and stir occasionally until eggs are set.

And here is one that is surprisingly good for how plain and simple it is.

Baby Shells With Peas and Ham

16 oz baby shell pasta (or any small shape)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed and drained
2-4 slices ham, chopped (original recipe called for prosciutto, but I never have that on hand)
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

1. Cook shells according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in oil. Stir in peas and ham. Cook covered (I don’t cover) over low heat until peas are tender.
3. Drain pasta when it is ready and add to pan, along with pepper and Parmesan and toss well.
(You can use more or less of any of these ingredients, and it will come out fine. It is a very forgiving dish!)

Here’s one I found in Taste of Home magazine a long time ago. It’s fast, easy, and good. You can also double the ingredients if you have more than two people.

Tasty Eggs For Two

1 cup thawed hash brown cubes (thaw in microwave)
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup ham, cut into bite size strips (can use any ham or lunch meat)
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1-4 teaspoon dill weed, optional

Brown potatoes and onion in butter. Add broccoli and cook until tender. Add ham. Beat together the eggs, milk and seasonings. Add to skillet and stir occasionally until eggs are set.

And here is one that is surprisingly good for how plain and simple it is.

Baby Shells With Peas and Ham

16 oz baby shell pasta (or any small shape)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed and drained
2-4 slices ham, chopped (original recipe called for prosciutto, but I never have that on hand)
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

1. Cook shells according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in oil. Stir in peas and ham. Cook covered (I don’t cover) over low heat until peas are tender.
3. Drain pasta when it is ready and add to pan, along with pepper and Parmesan and toss well.
(You can use more or less of any of these ingredients, and it will come out fine. It is a very forgiving dish!)
That sounds really good and very interested to try it. And i'm with you Sally, I hope more people post recipes cause the more I can get the better!

Funny this thread came up today, I was just making something and thinking it might work for you @riss.

Frittatas are simple to make.

6 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
salt, pepper
1 1/2 cup grated cheese
about 1 cup cooked meat such as sausage or bacon crumbled up or diced ham
about 1 1/2 cup veg such as broccoli or spinach (I just use a package of cooked mixed veg)

Butter up a pie pan.
Put the meat, cheese and veg into the pie pan.
Mix the eggs, dairy and salt & pepper together and pour over meat/cheese/veg.
Bake at a 375* oven for about 35-45 minutes (test for doneness with a toothpick or knife...you don't want it runny).

Makes an easy meal and uses up extra eggs!

Hey everyone. I just found out I could cook!(and have it be edible) Problem is I don't know what to make. Lots of times I'm having to go out to fast food places to get a meal cause I straight up don't know what to make which is starting to take a toll on my bank account :oops: I love to cook and bake and would love to make recipes out of the BYC cookbook but sadly I don't have one.

Any suggestions on what I could make that you loved and how you make it. Anything from the book would be a bonus 😄

Don't be shy and help a student out.
one pot pasta alfredo. There are several recipes out there... but it's easy, fast and delicious.

Chocolate cake (Peg Bracken's cookbook)
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
6 T. cocoa powder
2 t. baking soda
mix dry ingredients, make three wells, and add
2 T. vinegar (cider vinegar is fine too)
2 t. vanilla
10 T. oil
pour 2 c. water on top, mix, and bake in a 9" x 13" cake pan, or cupcakes
bake for 25 minutes at 350F, until a knife comes out clean.
I make buttercream frosting, with almond rather than vanilla flavoring. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom