Where to buy swans at a reasonable price?

I have a 3 year old female that I would like to rehome and am in NE Ohio. Because of everything that ChickenCanoe said, I am looking for a home for her where she will have another female companion but will NOT be bred. It absolutely kills me, but I will not allow any more of her parents' eggs to hatch. Because of irresponsible owners who just let them breed and let the offspring just fly off, our dept of Fish/Wildlife now kills swans that are out on public waterways, obviously not belonging to anyone. They are encroaching on the breeding/feeding grounds of the Trumpeter swans who are native and are protected. The mutes are considered to be an invasive species.
I want $800 firm for her (have invested far more than that into her at this point) and will be very fussy about where she goes. I have a really, really hard time letting my animals go. My dad's a vet, I do rescue, and I've just seen way too much misery out there. This young lady, however, really needs her own pond where she can feel some freedom and I cannot provide that for her here with the parents on the premises.
I have a pair of cygnets that I will be releasing in my 1/2 acre pond, I'm sure there would be plenty of room for her here. Jim Cox 219-741-1918 Valparaiso, IN

I have a pair of cygnets that I will be releasing in my 1/2 acre pond, I'm sure there would be plenty of room for her here. Jim Cox 219-741-1918 Valparaiso, IN

View attachment 1542760 View attachment 1542758 I have a pair of pinioned Black Australian swans that are over 3 years old now. I hatched the cob, bought the pen. I've decided to give them up due to being so expensive to have a adequate pond built. Least has been $15,000 up to $50,000. I'm talking concrete with proper filtration/filters. Would have spent the 15K but didn't trust the contractor. Gracie & Gunther are presently using a 300 gallon stock tank I work my rear off keeping clean and changing water twice a week. Now huge problem with fire ants in the swan yard. You don't want to know how many pots of boiling water I've carried out there. I'm a senior so with caring for them properly on top of a flock of peafowl and ornamental pheasants, 2 dogs and 2 cats it's a lot of work. My husband pretty much fins for himself, LOL!!! Have an ad on Craigslist, $1,200 for the pair. Requesting adequate water and predator proof habitat. Also within driving distance for me to check out the new home. Hahaha, obviously I'll probably never sell them so looking for easier ways to care for them.
Im not sure when you posted your ad. I live in Vicksburg Mississippi and am looking for a pair of Swans that need a good home. We have ducks and chickens and a half acre pond. Have you found a home for your pair?

View attachment 1542760 View attachment 1542758 I have a pair of pinioned Black Australian swans that are over 3 years old now. I hatched the cob, bought the pen. I've decided to give them up due to being so expensive to have a adequate pond built. Least has been $15,000 up to $50,000. I'm talking concrete with proper filtration/filters. Would have spent the 15K but didn't trust the contractor. Gracie & Gunther are presently using a 300 gallon stock tank I work my rear off keeping clean and changing water twice a week. Now huge problem with fire ants in the swan yard. You don't want to know how many pots of boiling water I've carried out there. I'm a senior so with caring for them properly on top of a flock of peafowl and ornamental pheasants, 2 dogs and 2 cats it's a lot of work. My husband pretty much fins for himself, LOL!!! Have an ad on Craigslist, $1,200 for the pair. Requesting adequate water and predator proof habitat. Also within driving distance for me to check out the new home. Hahaha, obviously I'll probably never sell them so looking for easier ways to care for them.
How about this? I help you with Fireants and tell you how to build the pond. So that, the birds can enjoy it and once they breed, you send me their next hatched offspring?
:)
Start with Fireants.... get Mint... like 2 pounds of it. Boil the hell of of it. Sqeeze it through gause to sift it. Put it in spray bottle... Spray the area you want them to leave. They can't smell food and they must go to area where they can. This way you can push them out of your propterty.
I would provide swans with super property as I want to do my dream of hobby farming of super quality sustainable living. I have 3 acreas in mind with 1 acre natural pond, not a field one. One like from magic garden.
let me know about fireants [email protected] I would like to know about the swans more. if you don't mind telling me about them?

Pawel

I have a 3 year old female that I would like to rehome and am in NE Ohio. Because of everything that ChickenCanoe said, I am looking for a home for her where she will have another female companion but will NOT be bred. It absolutely kills me, but I will not allow any more of her parents' eggs to hatch. Because of irresponsible owners who just let them breed and let the offspring just fly off, our dept of Fish/Wildlife now kills swans that are out on public waterways, obviously not belonging to anyone. They are encroaching on the breeding/feeding grounds of the Trumpeter swans who are native and are protected. The mutes are considered to be an invasive species.
I want $800 firm for her (have invested far more than that into her at this point) and will be very fussy about where she goes. I have a really, really hard time letting my animals go. My dad's a vet, I do rescue, and I've just seen way too much misery out there. This young lady, however, really needs her own pond where she can feel some freedom and I cannot provide that for her here with the parents on the premises.
What kind of swan is this? I am looking for a mute swan for our facility here are Windsor of Savoy in Savoy IL.

did you find a home for these two beauties?

Hi,
I live in a gated HOA community of 49 homes that surround an old quarry pit now filled with fresh ground water. There is no inlet or outlet to the lake and we have 8 waterfalls that help keep the water from stagnation. Our community, located in Pinecrest,
Florida (a suburb of Miami) was built in 1990-2. It is called SwanLake, obviously because we have swans. Recently we lost our 2 year old female Mute to ovarian cancer and all of our cygnets were given away due to the male swan aggression. Now our male swan is alone and we are looking to find a female Mute companion. We are willing to purchase. Our swan vet is Dr. Don Harris and can be reach for verification of the quality of care we give our swans over 20+ years.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Leona M Allison
305 793-6832 8820 SW 67th Ct.
Pinecrest, Fl. 33156

Hi,
I live in a gated HOA community of 49 homes that surround an old quarry pit now filled with fresh ground water. There is no inlet or outlet to the lake and we have 8 waterfalls that help keep the water from stagnation. Our community, located in Pinecrest,
Florida (a suburb of Miami) was built in 1990-2. It is called SwanLake, obviously because we have swans. Recently we lost our 2 year old female Mute to ovarian cancer and all of our cygnets were given away due to the male swan aggression. Now our male swan is alone and we are looking to find a female Mute companion. We are willing to purchase. Our swan vet is Dr. Don Harris and can be reach for verification of the quality of care we give our swans over 20+ years.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Leona M Allison
305 793-6832 8820 SW 67th Ct.
Pinecrest, Fl. 33156
Addendum: The cygnets we gave away were from last year and were relocated with the help of our vet who lived in Palmetto Bay, an area of many lakes surrounded by homes. Our community has a 7foot tall wall with security and a guard house.
Thank you
Leona

Back
Top Bottom