Wrath's Marans

Pics
Does this breeding result in less copper showing in the rooster's wing bows?

Curious if you have bred white to white?

I suppose it would be hard to predict the outcome for each white x white breeding? All depending on what is hiding underneath in each individual bird?

I've never dealt with recessive white. Can ya tell??
Recessive white with any other color is just that (hidden) until that random chick pops out (better chances of that with 2 birds carrying recessive white) it would not affect the copper at all. 2 birds that carry recessive white (if they are both white) will make more white birds, this is the case with English Orps, the whites are recessive. With birds of a different color (hiding recessive white) you'll get the odd ball chicks like @Bantambird . I hope that made sense

Recessive white with any other color is just that (hidden) until that random chick pops out (better chances of that with 2 birds carrying recessive white) it would not affect the copper at all. 2 birds that carry recessive white (if they are both white) will make more white birds, this is the case with English Orps, the whites are recessive. With birds of a different color (hiding recessive white) you'll get the odd ball chicks like @Bantambird . I hope that made sense
Yes, perfect sense. Thanks!

Betty out with her babies for the first time.
IMG_20240831_125129.jpg
IMG_20240831_125213.jpg
IMG_20240831_125227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom