American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
My husband moved the hose real and Berrie moved right along with it to the front of the garage... That gander loves to guard hose reals.
love.gif

Are you seeing breeding from your Americans yet? I am not yet. My gander has become super protective of his 2 girls. I wonder if they are waiting for the super cold weather to break first.

I haven't seen any actual breeding yet either, but they are definitely acting like it will be soon. I need to get my flock split up. The Sebs and Americans are still all together.

hey love this thread I'm in love with the breed ( and my geese have begun laying just recently so excited )

funny story today I was of course looking for more buffgeese eggs around the property ( I found none today although one yesterday ) anyway so while sitting by the pond daddies boy gander decides to come and lay in my lap (this is a large buff goose very large much larger than the average male buff goose since th other two boys of the patch are much small and fully grown ) and I'm sitting there like , "okay your gonna crush my legs . "

I'm kind of scared of the outcome of mine breeding they are all related and that will be ok at for the first 2 generations but I need to be thinking of other options ordering takes too long and the new incubator I need won't be available until june .

Last edited:
hey love this thread I'm in love with the breed ( and my geese have begun laying just recently so excited )

funny story today I was of course looking for more buffgeese eggs around the property ( I found none today although one yesterday ) anyway so while sitting by the pond daddies boy gander decides to come and lay in my lap (this is a large buff goose very large much larger than the average male buff goose since th other two boys of the patch are much small and fully grown ) and I'm sitting there like , "okay your gonna crush my legs . "

Reminds me of when my Lucy was younger, she would climb up the lounge chair and have a seat on my lap. I wish she would still do this! Thanks for sharing your story!

Back
Top Bottom