Appropriate pricing for Call Ducks

I bought my baby girl for $15, but as a duck mama, I knew how much work had gone in to hatching this one little duck. She also had to be assisted.

I wonder if folks in your group don't really know much about the breed? Calls are super trendy atm (I hate when living things are "trendy"). I'm rather surprised they aren't selling.

Where are you located?
I'm in Omaha, NE. Not a big city, but not tiny either. Lots of people with small hobby farms around and small flocks, though they're mostly an hour or more away.

I'm in Omaha, NE. Not a big city, but not tiny either. Lots of people with small hobby farms around and small flocks, though they're mostly an hour or more away.
Maybe that's the issue. They don't wanna drive.

I live in a rural area. There's another little town about 15 min from here, but folks here don't like to drive there because it's too far. So weird...

I appreciate all the help everyone, this is all good info to work off of. I guess I'll cut my (small) losses and sell for $10 each. Yesterday I offered them at $15 to a couple people who had asked, and they ghosted me, so I'll try reaching back out to them with $10 apiece and see how it goes. If they still don't sell, I'll raise them to adulthood and try again then at $20. I hadn't considered the feed situation, and to make things worse, this is my first year selling so I don't have much of a reputation yet, and I think people are leery of the possibility of paying good money for what could just be barnyard mixes being passed off as call ducks.

I appreciate all the help everyone, this is all good info to work off of. I guess I'll cut my (small) losses and sell for $10 each. Yesterday I offered them at $15 to a couple people who had asked, and they ghosted me, so I'll try reaching back out to them with $10 apiece and see how it goes. If they still don't sell, I'll raise them to adulthood and try again then at $20. I hadn't considered the feed situation, and to make things worse, this is my first year selling so I don't have much of a reputation yet, and I think people are leery of the possibility of paying good money for what could just be barnyard mixes being passed off as call ducks.
Sorry it's been frustrating. This has been such a hard year for most everyone, financially speaking.

Maybe that's the issue. They don't wanna drive.

I live in a rural area. There's another little town about 15 min from here, but folks here don't like to drive there because it's too far. So weird...
That's exactly what a bunch of people have told me! That I'm too far to drive to. I have offered to meet them all halfway and they still turn me down. I'm not blaming them, gas is expensive and time is precious, it's just frustrating. I do really appreciate your input and help and everyone else's. It's been fun learning to incubate and raise the babies anyway, and maybe next year will be better for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom