Appropriate pricing for Call Ducks

Pics

AClay

Chirping
Jan 11, 2021
Omaha, NE
Hi all,
After a lot of work, I have hatched a few call ducklings from my small flock. These three are now just over 3 weeks old, and I am not sure what an appropriate asking price would be. They are pet quality, but are certainly pure call ducks. Do any of you know what others charge at each age of duckling?

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_190546.jpg
    IMG_20220712_190546.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 45
Let's see what the other ladies have to say. I haven't sold any myself yet. Been watching a group of PQ ducklings on my local CL for a while though. They started at $15. They're not selling.

Have you checked your local CL for prices in your area?

Darn, that's how much I had been considering for these guys... I see purebred day-old ones from the big hatcheries are $9 each. As you surely know, these guys are hard to hatch! I've only been getting 2-3 per dozen even with humidity and temp carefully controlled. I don't want to sell them for too cheap given how much work went into them and how few are available for sale around me.
Let's see what the other ladies have to say. I haven't sold any myself yet. Been watching a group of PQ ducklings on my local CL for a while though. They started at $15. They're not selling.

Have you checked your local CL for prices in your area?

Darn, that's how much I had been considering for these guys... I see purebred day-old ones from the big hatcheries are $9 each. As you surely know, these guys are hard to hatch! I've only been getting 2-3 per dozen even with humidity and temp carefully controlled. I don't want to sell them for too cheap given how much work went into them and how few are available for sale around me.
Oh I do know. I assisted all of mine.

Do you have FB? I find that almost all of the chicken sales, and backyard breeders are selling on poultry groups there. I saw shocked when I joined to sell some of my own birds to find how many other people were selling.
If you do have FB, I would join your local poultry groups and see what others are selling them for. I find that fun breeds like calls go like hot cakes on my local FB. Not sure what price, but I may have a few links for getting some myself so we'll see what they charge me.

Do you have FB? I find that almost all of the chicken sales, and backyard breeders are selling on poultry groups there. I saw shocked when I joined to sell some of my own birds to find how many other people were selling.
If you do have FB, I would join your local poultry groups and see what others are selling them for. I find that fun breeds like calls go like hot cakes on my local FB. Not sure what price, but I may have a few links for getting some myself so we'll see what they charge me.
I am in my local poultry buy/sell group, and I sold a previous ducking for $20, but it was 7 weeks old. I've only seen one other person selling calls, and it was an adult drake. He didn't get much interest from what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom