Bay Area BYCers!

Anybody interested in this georgeous guy? This is our rooster Hawkeye. He's about 16 weeks old Easter Egger and not crowing yet. But we need to find a new home for him. We raised him from a chick. Please PM me if you are interested.

You could try the Northern California board; I think a few people are hatching there right now. I am hatching Bielefelders next week but I plan on keeping the pullets.
I will, thank you @Honora !

How are your bantam Orps?

I have 70 eggs in the incubator that will hatch June 6th. All are Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbar/Wheaten Ameraucanas crossed to Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbars, and Marans crossed to Wheaten Ameraucanas. Kern
Those crosses sound lovely, but I'm worried that the chicks I have now will be too big by the 6th to share brooder space with day olds. Thank you for your offer!

Can someone please go in on buying Ancona ducklings with me? I live in Alameda, Ca Bay Area and I only want 2 Anconas. Do any of you know of any here or if I order some will you take the rest?

I will, thank you @Honora !

How are your bantam Orps?

Those crosses sound lovely, but I'm worried that the chicks I have now will be too big by the 6th to share brooder space with day olds. Thank you for your offer!

One of my splash hens suddenly dropped dead last week with no warning. Very sad. :-( The black one is broody right now & will hopefully be hatching Bielefelders next week. Would love some more bantam Orps, though, they are my favorites. Maybe in the Fall I will get some more....I am ready for more now but we won't be around much this Summer so I want to wait till Fall.

Hey y'all. I just hatched some Olive Eggers, I'm trying to add some new layers to my flock, but my hatching mojo seems to have run out. From 2 dozen eggs I hatch 3 chicks, 2 were cockerels, 1 a pullet. I set another 18 eggs that hatched this week, but only ended up with 5 more chicks...

So does anyone have day to week old chicks available?

I'm open to most breeds, but I prefer those that lay blue/green/olive/dark(er) brown eggs, breed isn't really important.

Thanks!
I posted several days before you posted this stating I had some chicks for sale, some of which lay dark colored eggs (French Marens).

Hey y'all. ...... my hatching mojo seems to have run out. From 2 dozen eggs I hatch 3 chicks, 2 were cockerels, 1 a pullet. I set another 18 eggs that hatched this week, but only ended up with 5 more chicks...
I, too, am having astonishingly bad hatching mojo this season, so I feel the pain. All three newbie broodies (newbies) hatched a grand total of three chicks, and my incubation rates are so, so low this season. (can't figure out what I am doing differently.) Ready to scream in frustration.
barnie.gif
Nevertheless, trying yet again...

One of my splash hens suddenly dropped dead last week with no warning. Very sad. :-( The black one is broody right now & will hopefully be hatching Bielefelders next week. Would love some more bantam Orps, though, they are my favorites. Maybe in the Fall I will get some more....I am ready for more now but we won't be around much this Summer so I want to wait till Fall.

I'm sorry that you lost one of your girls, that's never easy.

I should have a sizable breeding flock by the fall, I was fortunate enough to have several good bantam Orp hatches that should set me up well for being able to share with others. My flock will be sex-linked, males will be BBS, all split to Chocolate. The females produced will be Chocolate, Mauve, or Splash.

How did your Bielefelder hatch go?

I posted several days before you posted this stating I had some chicks for sale, some of which lay dark colored eggs (French Marens).

They're Marans mixes, right?

I, too, am having astonishingly bad hatching mojo this season, so I feel the pain. All three newbie broodies (newbies) hatched a grand total of three chicks, and my incubation rates are so, so low this season. (can't figure out what I am doing differently.) Ready to scream in frustration.
barnie.gif
Nevertheless, trying yet again...

I gave up and went to the feed store and bought some Delaware pullets...

Like I mentioned to @Honora , I've got bantam Orps coming out of my ears, but I have only a handful of chicks that will make up my new layer flock. Bantams I can hatch, they practically come running out of their shells, but for whatever reason I can't hatch any LF birds this season.

I guess I'll just have to try again in the fall!
lol.png

My Bielefelder hatch didn't go that well; only got 3 chicks out of 12 eggs, and 2 of them are male. Oh well, at least I got one pullet to keep. I guess it just means I have to hatch again in the Fall. :) Definitely want to get some more bantam Orps in the future....

Back
Top Bottom