Beaucoup Babies Incubator Comparison Easter HAL

Pics
Congrats!!!!!!! Can't wait to see all that fluff! You will have to get a pic of just the mass of fluff. LOL Sounds like you had a great hatch!!!!!! Sorry about the one pipped one that didn't make it. :(

Incubator Comparison:
NR 360: 81% hatch rate
Kebonnix: 91%
Jumbl: 81%

I did not like the Jumbl at all, it was difficult to keep temp steady after opening to add water each day, and sometimes the temp would shoot up to quick and I would have to open it to lower it. Pain in the neck, but I was adamant about keeping an eye on it for a good 15 minutes each time i opened the incubator (3 times a day for turning, as the turner didn’t do an adequate job). HOWEVER, for someone with time and experience, it did the job very well.

The 360 had our younger pullet eggs, and the Kebonnix had our 18 month old hens, which I think accounts for the difference in hatch. All in all I am quite happy with how this went!

Attachments

• DF4E5680-A718-4126-9771-56B2B77A2647.jpeg
    DF4E5680-A718-4126-9771-56B2B77A2647.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 058102C5-2FC5-4B0E-B494-20804C3916CF.jpeg
    058102C5-2FC5-4B0E-B494-20804C3916CF.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 2
  • E78D2639-3BBB-4FEF-A94B-8F8B88FC1A0D.jpeg
    E78D2639-3BBB-4FEF-A94B-8F8B88FC1A0D.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 2
Incubator Comparison:
NR 360: 81% hatch rate
Kebonnix: 91%
Jumbl: 81%

I did not like the Jumbl at all, it was difficult to keep temp steady after opening to add water each day, and sometimes the temp would shoot up to quick and I would have to open it to lower it. Pain in the neck, but I was adamant about keeping an eye on it for a good 15 minutes each time i opened the incubator (3 times a day for turning, as the turner didn’t do an adequate job). HOWEVER, for someone with time and experience, it did the job very well.

The 360 had our younger pullet eggs, and the Kebonnix had our 18 month old hens, which I think accounts for the difference in hatch. All in all I am quite happy with how this went!
I had a jumbl incubator and I couldn't keep the temperature high enough. So some of the eggs exploded. I never want to smell that again.

It worked out really good! Here’s a pic with my eggs in it. Still had a few empty spots. I was able to move my Govee to one of the empty slots and it still turns as it should.View attachment 3509970
Nice. I'm getting ready to put in some bantam EE eggs, so I'm hoping it gets here quickly. I do NOT need to hatch more, but my little EE lady lays the prettiest aqua egg ... and I have a serious NEED! I HATE Chicken Math!

Somehow I stopped getting notifications in this thread until I got tagged. Out of the 25 shipped eggs and the 5 of my own that I set I ended up having 16 hatch out. One hatched that hadn’t fully absorbed the yolk and it passed 2 days later. Still have 15 healthy little ones running around.
IMG_7555.jpeg
IMG_7833.jpeg
IMG_7834.jpeg

The eggs are order were a doz quail d’anvers and a doz blue quail d’anvers. One little one is significantly different that the others. She’s the light colored one seen in the first pic. Now she’s mainly white with a little buff on her chest and back. Really curious on what color she is. I know it’s not from the eggs from my flock because the parents of those eggs were both quail d’anvers. I have noticed she has a slight beak deformity. It’s not cross beak but her whole beak curves to one side.

I ended up with 4 boys out of all my chicks.

Nice. I'm getting ready to put in some bantam EE eggs, so I'm hoping it gets here quickly. I do NOT need to hatch more, but my little EE lady lays the prettiest aqua egg ... and I have a serious NEED! I HATE Chicken Math!
I was worried mine wasn’t going to get here in time but it actually arrived earlier than the anticipated date.

I think majority of us are victims of chicken math. I didn’t realize how many birds we had until my husband and I were figuring up how many we had in our coops 🫣

Back
Top Bottom