BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total count on mine: 21 but we had to cull 4 with splayed leg 😑. Still here are some photos!
IMG_1416.jpeg
IMG_1422.jpeg
IMG_1418.jpeg
IMG_1420.jpeg

So got some eggs ordered and I hope they get here by the 9th or 10th. Got Belgium Bearded Barbu D'anver Bantam, Silver Sebrights, Dutch bantams and I hope some Rose Comb bantams. All through ebay.

Edit: 36 eggs on the way. Wasn't sure I would win any and I won them all.🫨

Last edited:
Setting eggs today from 2 farms. From my area. 12 and 12.
20231010_184121.jpg

Below the farm...
fresh eggs.PNG

A diffrent farm for these eggs...
20231010_132742.jpg
Below it their farm...

fresh e.PNG

10th in the evening these are set.. They are in a DIY for now, 1 week later in a different incubator they will finish up.

Last edited:
Nice! I might end up setting some eggs still probably tomorrow or the next day
My eggs always hatch on time.
I count today as day 1.
Mine will hatch the day before Halloween.
I didn't want to wait one more day to set these.

I guess I will wait and see the fridge eggs tomorrow so if they do develop they would hatch on Halloween.

Just set eggs this morning- might add more this afternoon depending on who lays-
9 of my bantam eggs (Either oegb/sebright cross or pure of each) I have both an oegb and a sebright roo, and also sebright and oegb hens.
4 Orpington eggs which I'm not sure are fertile, if they are they are from a blue ameraucana rooster.
and 2 CCL eggs, also will come from the blue ameraucana roo. Also not sure are fertile. My ameraucana roo doesn't do his job I've noticed.
So I did add more eggs,
I have 10 bantam eggs set 10/10.
1 silkie egg set 10/11
3 bantams eggs set 10/12
2 bantam eggs set 10/13
2 bantams eggs set 10/15, and 3 SF eggs (surprisingly fertile) set 10/15 as well.
-
My original eggs, the 2 CCL eggs were infertile, and so were the 4 orpington eggs. Tried adding more and they weren't fertile either.
Surprisingly i decided to try my salmon faverolles eggs and they were fertile.
(Grey beard my blue ameraucana roo is the father still.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom