BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon as I can find my bantams nests again I'll be able to get some eggs I want to hatch out.

🤔Hard to get fall pictures here in scorched earth Texas right now. I can get sun burnt trees and grass tho.
I always thought California was called the Golden State because of all dead grass in the summer and Fall!

To me it does not look Golden though but the way you are describing your place in the summer and Fall.

Of course we did have a miner 49er gold rush here....

I always thought California was called the Golden State because of all dead grass in the summer and Fall!

To me it does not look Golden though but the way you are describing your place in the summer and Fall.

Of course we did have a miner 49er gold rush here....
I should take a picture and share it.

Hello. I am not setting because I am up to my head in chickens. I just wanted to share that one of my friends asked for some hatching eggs from me, and they are already set and have only one week to hatch. The total egg count would be 15 dozen, 180 eggs. So while they will hatch before Halloween I just wanted to share that. I may be hatching as well in December so that by spring the pullets will be laying and the cockerels will be in harvestable conditions. I will share photos of the baby chicks from my friend's. He does hatching on a large scale with a large incubator and recently I candled the eggs for him.

I have 37 coturnix I just set today so I wasn’t going to join but @casportpony told me so I’m here they should hatch around oct 10th
I’m now down to 27 and might lose 3 more of of my brothers knocked down one of the incubators containing 13 of the eggs only 3 were possible to try and save the rest were dripping the insides. Hopefully the other three I sealed make it but I still have 24 in the other incubator.

Hello. I am not setting because I am up to my head in chickens. I just wanted to share that one of my friends asked for some hatching eggs from me, and they are already set and have only one week to hatch. The total egg count would be 15 dozen, 180 eggs. So while they will hatch before Halloween I just wanted to share that. I may be hatching as well in December so that by spring the pullets will be laying and the cockerels will be in harvestable conditions. I will share photos of the baby chicks from my friend's. He does hatching on a large scale with a large incubator and recently I candled the eggs for him.
Thanks for sharing!

I like your hatch plan.

I’m now down to 27 and might lose 3 more of of my brothers knocked down one of the incubators containing 13 of the eggs only 3 were possible to try and save the rest were dripping the insides. Hopefully the other three I sealed make it but I still have 24 in the other incubator.
Siblings can cause problems!

I set 14 more eggs yesterday night to make up for the ones that died. I will candle all of the eggs in three days and tell you how they are devoloping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom