Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Pics
436E4542-BF54-44DD-8C63-C823C5394617.jpeg

Well I caved and am buying more eggs before it gets too cold :oops:

Most of the birds will be for meat. I plan to keep 1-3 for breeding next spring. Both of my jumbos are boys (just my luck) so I’m hoping for some nice jumbo hens

Currently dealing with some sort of predator trying to get in their pen. It started coming around when it got colder. It usually comes around 2am-3am and circles the pen while banging on the wire. It was chased off by one of the dogs before. I’m planning on getting a camera to see exactly what animal it is, I am assuming a fox or cat. Gotta get rid of it somehow because it most definitely is going to keep trying until it succeeds… :caf

Currently dealing with some sort of predator trying to get in their pen. It started coming around when it got colder. It usually comes around 2am-3am and circles the pen while banging on the wire. It was chased off by one of the dogs before. I’m planning on getting a camera to see exactly what animal it is, I am assuming a fox or cat. Gotta get rid of it somehow because it most definitely is going to keep trying until it succeeds… :caf
I hope you can catch it

I hope you can catch it
I wish it would just go away LOL! I don’t think it will though, especially with how the neighbors feed the wildlife. Prey attracts predators. Wouldn’t be surprised if the black bears around here decided to start paying us a visit… we’ve already got foxes, outdoor cats, big rats, and raccoons:gig

Back
Top Bottom