Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Okay, terrible pictures.. But you will get the idea. Silver Spangled Hamburgs have a rose comb, First pic.. I posted Mom, and the young chicks.. As well as today...

there are 3 two look black with white barring and one looks like a small, dark legbar pullet, brown with white barring. 2 have rose combs, one has kind of a mixture. What I am surprised about.. Is how dark they are... Why isn't the Silver dominant.
How old are they?

It looks like your males are silver and females are gold, which is what I would have expected. I assumed this cross would be sexlinked. I also thought my cross of CL x Silver Spangled Spitzhauben would be sexlinked as well. But my 10week old appears very much to be a pullet and she is black with white markings not gold like I thought would happen.

How old are they?

It looks like your males are silver and females are gold, which is what I would have expected. I assumed this cross would be sexlinked. I also thought my cross of CL x Silver Spangled Spitzhauben would be sexlinked as well. But my 10week old appears very much to be a pullet and she is black with white markings not gold like I thought would happen.
About 2.5 months old.. I haven't been able to look at them very closely... Mom is really shy... And you know how chicks raised by a broody can be... But based on looking at them... I think you are correct. 1 pullet, 2 cockerels.

This is my one year old Crested Cream Legbar/Brown Leghorn cross rooster.

So today is National Creamsicle Day so anyone have pics of Silkie/CL pics to post? Don't think I'll get one. I lost my Silkie Roo and my CL roo would probably be too rough for my little Silkie hens. They seem so delicate.

So today is National Creamsicle Day so anyone have pics of Silkie/CL pics to post? Don't think I'll get one. I lost my Silkie Roo and my CL roo would probably be too rough for my little Silkie hens. They seem so delicate.
My Silkie hen was sitting on some of those eggs awhile back but she was a first time broody and didn't do a good job so none hatched.

I hope someone else might share some pics.

Sorry, I see you had already said it.. I guess I was surprised by the color of the bird.  :)

I may be a little biased, but I think he is pretty, too!!
1f60b.png
I generally don't keep cross bred roosters, but had a lot of trouble with dogs murdering my chickens last summer and he was the only chick to survive.......

I am going to keep him, I am not sure what I will do with him, but, his temperament is very sweet. His father went to the stew pot because he was mean as a snake. But, with him, so far so good!

I would like to make some Olive eggers so I just received some golden cuckoo marans pullets to cross with my cream legbar.

The golden cuckoo marans are sexable at hatch by color. The females tend to be redder and the males tend to be more on the yellow side, though it seems from reading there is still a bit of an art to sexing them.

I am not sure of the genetics of the marans (though I know they are barred and some of the chicks have wildtype striping). Here is a link from Meyer Hatchery with pictures: https://www.meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?prodID=GCMS

Here is a pic of the female chicks I just received:

The male chicks tend to look more like this:

Okay, so my questions is...do you think I will be able to tell the males and females by color with a CLB X GCM cross? It seems like I should be able to but I don't know my genetics very well. Anyone have any input?

Back
Top Bottom