2/17/24: Set 18 of our eggs, 12 paint. 1:50 p.m. Due: 3/9.
2/21/23: Set 22 Tink's, 12 paint. 10:00 a.m. CST Due: 3/13.
Incoming Monday: 24 buff/cuckoo.

Got these 34 eggs added to the Brinsea with 2 spots open for the incoming eggs. The rest of those will go in the NR360.

I leave town on 2/29 afternoon, to the afternoon of 3/3. The Brinsea is fine unattended, but I'll leave a Govee in the NR360 so I can see if the humidity starts drifting down and will pester hubby. He knows what to do. ☺️

IMG_0687.jpeg

There's a bit of a story to that cabinet, especially since we both have miser husbands. ☺️

Last year I was searching for a bureau or cabinet on Marketplace for weeks. When I saw that, I immediately messaged her. She wanted $125. I got her address which was in the city (Green Bay, an hour away). I showed hubby and he didn't even flinch. He saw the determination in my eyes and without question, we jumped into the SUV and drove there.

I asked where she got it. She only knew that her mom was getting rid of it from her mom's house after she had passed away. It's hand painted so I figured there had to be other pieces. I searched and never found any.

It's got two cupboards and shelves. It's absolutely perfect! We bought a glass top for it so the incubators or I don't ruin it.
Sounds like maybe it's an antique?! I love it Debbie, ❤ I'm always on the look out for stuff like this. When my MIL was still alive, we used to garage sales every week, boy did we find the junk. But once in a while we'd find furniture with chickens on it. Of course I snatched those right up!

Got these 34 eggs added to the Brinsea with 2 spots open for the incoming eggs. The rest of those will go in the NR360.

I leave town on 2/29 afternoon, to the afternoon of 3/3. The Brinsea is fine unattended, but I'll leave a Govee in the NR360 so I can see if the humidity starts drifting down and will pester hubby. He knows what to do. ☺️

View attachment 3753804
yippiechickie.gif
:pop

Sounds like maybe it's an antique?! I love it Debbie, ❤ I'm always on the look out for stuff like this. When my MIL was still alive, we used to garage sales every week, boy did we find the junk. But once in a while we'd find furniture with chickens on it. Of course I snatched those right up!
We looked everywhere on it, bottom, top, behind, inside, and could not find name or date or anything. So we just presumed someone made it years ago themselves. It's not really antiquish looking though is the thing, but it may be. It's just hard to date it if we can't find one.

We too love rummage saling! I had to break hubby of curb shopping as he used to pick all kinds of stuff off the curbs. Once we bought this place together, we had to say "no more"! Now we just go to a few sales in the summer and generally walk away empty-handed, but it's fun!

I do.

I've had this setup for well over 20 hatches, and when they aren't shipped eggs, I've nailed 100% hatch rate several times. If I were a person complaining about hatch rates, that's the first thing I'd point out too. That plant hanging there helps too I suppose. If it's not broke, it doesn't need fixing. ☺️
EXport this hatch's temps stats please. I want to see how steady it stays.

View attachment 3753804
:celebrate :wee :celebrate:wee:love

I've got quite a bunch of incubating going on as I've been buying eggs plus hatching my own. I'm having issues keeping track of it all. I would do another hatch along but that does take a lot of work and sometimes I don't give it as much time as I feel I should.

View attachment 3753238

Thus, a couple folks suggested I just post what's going on here, add pictures as I get time. This sounds like a great way to keep track of everything all in one place!

Incubator 1: (Brinsea)
Has 16 of my own silkie eggs in it. I call them my fancies as they are from a breeder that raises show quality. They are vaulted and bearded. Seven in total of those.
Also has 12 Paint silkie eggs, shipped in from South Carolina. They took over a week to get here so not sure what to expect with that on top of the trip. I've hatched several batches of shipped eggs though and usually do pretty well, up in the 70% range. If it's over 50%, it's fine with me. These were all set February 17th.

On deck:

22 eggs, mostly silkie but other varieties arrived today from @2ndTink. We're swapping eggs so I got to see what a green egg looked like in person for the first time today. ☺️ Also on deck, the second batch of Paint silkie eggs the seller sent when she thought they lost the first ones. Both of these boxes arrived today and are sitting in egg cartons to be set tomorrow morning/afternoon.

The breed pens for my "fancies:"
Piper, one of two roosters, but the only one in the pen. The other is Blueboy. The ladies are Marsha, a splash, Charlotte and Cocoa Puffs two chocolates. I've also just added the black hen. Blueboy is free-ranging with his partridge hen and the 7 pet quality silkies.
View attachment 3753258View attachment 3753259

Probably on Saturday, or within a week I will have two dozen cuckoo/buff/paint silkie eggs arriving.

These are from the first batch I got from her. They are now three weeks old and live in the brooder in our house. Today they got out for a while in the puppy pen in the living room.

View attachment 3753266View attachment 3753267View attachment 3753268View attachment 3753269 View attachment 3753270
Such beautiful birds! Congratulations and best wishes with all your hatches!

Back
Top Bottom