Diving back into my hobby

This is a technique called "Eden", where special frits with hints of lead are arranged and fired at very high temps, causing them to "blossom". Some colors bloom better than others.
I plan on Cold-working these into night lights and possibly Keychains or fan pulls. In a couple days, I plan to try out my new Porter Cable, Table-Top wet saw 🤞 ~ along with my glass saw and grinders. Then I will give them a polish-fire and attach hardware.
Christmas gifts ~ provided I'm happy with them 🤞🤞
View attachment 3707114
🥰 Very pretty! Love the blue and purple! 🥰

Today was my maiden voyage on the new Porter Cable Table-Top saw. I'm quite pleased with it. Look at these nice, straight edges! This is going to be a game chager for certain projects. Pre-firing, you cut 2 layers of 3 mil glass and stack them - because heat draws glass in until it reaches 6mils., regardless of the depth of glass you start with. "Normally", you want the same shape post-firing, that you started with - so you stack it. Easy. But 6 mils is nearly impossible to cut by hand, and some projects simply require that kind of cold-working. Now back into the kiln for a polish. The sharp edges will soften a bit, too. 🙂

received_1083993133038670.jpeg

Question: if your favorite color were purple - would you prefer the plum (top left) or the violet (top right)?

Today was my maiden voyage on the new Porter Cable Table-Top saw. I'm quite pleased with it. Look at these nice, straight edges! This is going to be a game chager for certain projects. Pre-firing, you cut 2 layers of 3 mil glass and stack them - because heat draws glass in until it reaches 6mils., regardless of the depth of glass you start with. "Normally", you want the same shape post-firing, that you started with - so you stack it. Easy. But 6 mils is nearly impossible to cut by hand, and some projects simply require that kind of cold-working. Now back into the kiln for a polish. The sharp edges will soften a bit, too. 🙂

View attachment 3708127

Question: if your favorite color were purple - would you prefer the plum (top left) or the violet (top right)?

They're all beautiful colors! But if I have to pick between the two purples, I like the top right violet one best.

What are you going to use these pieces for?

View attachment 3708127

Trick question since there is no wrong color of purple 😁 . Well except maybe eggplant since it has brown tones 😐

If I had to choose (and purple is my favorite color) I'd probably pick the violet on the right since I also like the bits of blue in there.

Trick question since there is no wrong color of purple 😁 . Well except maybe eggplant since it has brown tones 😐

If I had to choose (and purple is my favorite color) I'd probably pick the violet on the right since I also like the bits of blue in there.
I agree, the best purple is any purple! Almost any purple...

View attachment 3708127

I prefer the plum. DH prefers the violet. I think they're both very pretty. 😍

Back
Top Bottom