Falling Down Heights, my daily life

View attachment 3809549
View attachment 3809551

Ignore the orange colour on my thumb, I was peeling a squash, lol!

I also noticed that the other duckling also has some feathers on his legs. Interesting.

Wondering what colour these little guys will end up!
He kinda looks like one of mine. The spots and eye stripes are from the Silver Appleyard female and the chocolate color I believe is from the buff male...but that's mine. I'm pretty excited to see what my babies end up growing up to look like, will be interesting to follow yours, too!

He kinda looks like one of mine. The spots and eye stripes are from the Silver Appleyard female and the chocolate color I believe is from the buff male...but that's mine. I'm pretty excited to see what my babies end up growing up to look like, will be interesting to follow yours, too!
At this point, only thing for certain I can say is that the father is NOT the Magpie! Of the other two possibilities, both were blues but not solid blue. This was them last Fall:

20230917_191631.jpg

The one on the left looked more blue mallard, the one on the right had a more solid blue body (apart fro the chest). And pretty sure the one on the right had a pure Kakhi Campbell as a mother. Their father was solid blue.

Next batch of ten duck eggs are in lockdown. Thing is, I can't tell the Muscovy eggs from the Quacker eggs! Three of the already have the air cells descended, with one already shadowing. A lot of the other ones don't. So, gonna keep turning them until I see progress in those cells.

I *may* have stuffed more duck eggs in the MeeF... I still have so many though!

I also took 13 Muscovy eggs from their coop and may sell them this weekend. Probably have more before the sale.

I still haven't decided if I'm selling any of the current ducklings.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!🤣

Back
Top Bottom