Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Make that three pipped eggs! :wee

From the looks of the air cells, half are quackers and half are scovies (5 ea).

Oh, and just before bed there was frantic peeping from the brooder. I went to investigate and found my clumsiest duckling tail up between the plate and the wall. HOW he managed this I have no idea! I just shook my head, pulled the plate away and released him. I think this one is now named Klutz.

So as I said, I put an online ad up to try to sell the chicks by the weekend. Got a reply asking if I can tell the males from females. So I tell them that they are too young at only one week.

So they want me to let them know when I can tell. :he

I informed them that they'll be sold waaaaaay before then!

So as I said, I put an online ad up to try to sell the chicks by the weekend. Got a reply asking if I can tell the males from females. So I tell them that they are too young at only one week.

Should've used the opportunity to joke around :p

I'd have just said it will still be whichever ones I grab first, and it will be weighted heavier towards males then since I'll probably pick some out to keep at that point. I've actually said something along those lines before with people that keep pressing

I'd have just said it will still be whichever ones I grab first, and it will be weighted heavier towards males then since I'll probably pick some out to keep at that point. I've actually said something along those lines before with people that keep pressing
Thankfully she didn't press. She actually said she understood and wished me a nice day.

Woke up (or rather, crawled out of bed after trying to not have to face the day) to a brand new duckling, and another egg zipping! That second one is now hatched.

Everyone was screaming for their breakfasts.

I need to make outdoor pens for the older ducklings... I'm going to start running out of room! That, and they are so MESSY!

Oldest (3 weeks?) ducklings are starting to shed their flush around their faces now. And growing wispy little tail feathers. I can't believe how HUGE they are!

Oh, and all the chicks are doing well. DD picked out three she wants to keep. A Splash, a Blue, and a Black with white wingtips.

Look what just popped out!!!

20240507_125748.jpg

I am 99.9% sure this one is a pure Magpie. Size and colour of the egg were consistent with those from my female.

Back
Top Bottom