Go get him Marty!

Nothing like a broody cranky hen !
View attachment 3382093
7C469B0E-37A2-44F3-8026-B2087F8AE87E.png

Ok experts, this is not Fowl Cholera, I think

This morning I noticed one of my hens had a swollen wattle, she is acting fine.
Just one, no I dont think it is Foul Cholera, but she has something going on, I put some Benadryl cream on it to start, later I'll see if that did much-----

image_67182081.JPG image_50392321.JPG

image_67170049.JPG

On an irritating note, I noticed some beginnings of mold is a few places on the walls,,
SO< 10am
I got ever side wall wiped down and then sprayed with the Clorox cleaner and wiped again.
(an older pic)
image_16872193.JPG

The Benadryl cream did help a bit, but after I was done cleaning about 11:30, I got a warm wash cloth out and wiped her wattle off and rubbed it a bit, then I put bag balm on it. I scrubbed the water jug and refilled it. I added Rooster Booster electrolytes and probiotics to the water.

so now its 3:45, I
checked on the hen, its not draining just very swollen, what do you think if I put arnica cream on it?
Like I said, she is eating and drinking and acting fine, but I bet she has a headache....

Any thoughts???

Last edited:
Wait, if they can’t be counted, then @Ponypoor has way less chickens and that means she needs quite a few more chicks for sure!
What sort of Chicken Math is that!?

But I could be persuaded to agree with that hypothesis.... for the sake of getting a batch of day old pullets....

Ok experts, this is not foul cholera ,

This morning I noticed one of my hens had a swollen wattle, she is acting fine.
Just one, no I dont think it is Foul Cholera, but she has something going on, I put some Benadryl cream on it to start, later I'll see if that did much-----

image_67182081.JPG image_50392321.JPG

image_67170049.JPG

On an irritating note, I noticed some beginnings of mold is a few places on the walls,,
SO< 10am
I got ever side wall wiped down and then sprayed with the Clorox cleaner and wiped again.
(an older pic)
image_16872193.JPG

The Benadryl cream did help a bit, but after I was done cleaning about 11:30, I got a warm wash cloth out and wiped her wattle off and rubbed it a bit, then I put bag balm on it. I scrubbed the water jug and refilled it. I added Rooster Booster electrolytes and probiotics to the water.

so now its 3:45, I
checked on the hen, its not draining just very swollen, what do you think if I put arnica cream on it?
Like I said, she is eating and drinking and acting fine, but I bet she has a headache....

Any thoughts???
Ouch that looks painful.
The first pic, that dark triangle / three-armed shape on her swollen wattle, what's going on there? Is that a wound and a bit of blood, or dirt? Sorry for you and her! Have you posted on the illnesses / injuries thread?

Back
Top Bottom