Don’t be so picky!
Well actually I have been saving eggs from the 'big girls' for that teacher where my niece teaches. I figure I am going to give her 7 eggs - that's more than plenty I think; and any Roos can be processed, but I don't want any Silkie crosses as those are just too small.

Sophia is a nice chunky girl and a Roo would have been a good size. Well always tomorrow's egg. I have a couple of Blanche eggs, another Penelope egg, and a few Buttercup blue eggs, and hopefully a Sophia egg... I will pick 7 eggs from all those to go in the bator (Penelope's for sure).

I have never seen such a thing before - the shell came away leaving just the membrane! If it were me hatching them out I would 'repair' the shell and hope for the best.

Anyone else ever see this?

Hi all. I made a seperation “coop” inside my coop for Peep the rooster, it’s just a divided section. He flies up to the top very well so i utilized as much space as i could. He has been really aggressive with the ladies sense they are to tall to properly mate, how does this look? Any thoughts? (Wondering if it might be a bit to small for him.) Please excuse that it isn’t very clean looking, sometimes it just takes whatever gets the job done i suppose!
35ED46A3-CFA5-4249-ACC9-6E70A0351060.jpeg
C76BAA05-8658-4AC5-8A06-5ECF35DC26C4.jpeg

Hi all. I made a seperation “coop” inside my coop for Peep the rooster, it’s just a divided section. He flies up to the top very well so i utilized as much space as i could. He has been really aggressive with the ladies sense they are to tall to properly mate, how does this look? Any thoughts? (Wondering if it might be a bit to small for him.) Please excuse that it isn’t very clean looking, sometimes it just takes whatever gets the job done i suppose! View attachment 3458911View attachment 3458909
Poor Peep. it's Spring time so he is likely hormonal. Should settle in a month or so.

Can he get out and about for a couple hr each day to scratch around?

How is everyone else?

Poor Peep. it's Spring time so he is likely hormonal. Should settle in a month or so.

Can he get out and about for a couple hr each day to scratch around?

How is everyone else?
He keeps picking on the hens because there are to little at the moment and they are so big he ends up ripping out feathers.

For some reason, poor Rizo is getting karate chopped like 15 times in a row, he grabs her comb and starts kicking his feet to her face super fast.

Yes, i just made this but the plan is to let him out to scratch in the grass, this is just when i can’t watch him.

He keeps picking on the hens because there are to little at the moment and they are so big he ends up ripping out feathers.

For some reason, poor Rizo is getting karate chopped like 15 times in a row, he grabs her comb and starts kicking his feet to her face super fast.

Yes, i just made this but the plan is to let him out to scratch in the grass, this is just when i can’t watch him.
I say best to be safe rather than sorry. I am sure that he will be fine in there as long as he has some free time every day. The bigger worry is him being separated from other chickens; is there no one that he gets along with that can be housed with him?

I say best to be safe rather than sorry. I am sure that he will be fine in there as long as he has some free time every day. The bigger worry is him being separated from other chickens; is there no one that he gets along with that can be housed with him?
As of now, not really, i would hate putting the only other hen his size with him, she would get beat up and overmated.

However, i have some babies about 6 weeks old, when they get older, he will have more hens and i’ll put all of them in there with him.

I’m struggling on a decision though, out of the babies, there is one rooster. Should i only put the rooster with him and have a hen coop, or just see how it goes with two roosters and some hens?

Back
Top Bottom