Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
.....apparently I must like holes in my head
wink.png
We got a puppy.

Ever since we were young both DH and I have wanted a Weimaraner. Well, now we have one
big_smile.png

She's almost 3 months old. We named her Sophie. She's very intelligent and loving. She's doing well in her potty training and true to the breed she is a shadow
wink.png
following me all over the house.

Seeing the relationship between her and our APBT Halo develop is entertaining. The first night he was enthralled with her..... couldn't get enough of her. She was still adjusting to a new place and was unsure of him and his boisterous attitude. Then he realized that she was staying and the jealousy began! He would ball up and pout, glaring at her with a death stare. He scared her a few times when he snapped at her for invading his personal space. I was pretty worried that he would never accept a new dog in the home. The next day he decided that she wasn't so bad after all... he tries to play with her but he's SO rough sometimes that she runs away
tongue.png
She's gotten pretty snarky with him today... LOL If he tries bugging her while she's napping she lets him know that she's not having it. He, being a pittie, figures that getting bit out of annoyance is as much fun as getting bit out of playfulness
tongue.png
So he annoys her until she attacks him because it's fun for him
tongue.png
Of course, even when I make him go lay down... she goes and bugs him for more..... so she must actually like it
tongue.png

She's met the chickens twice so far. She's not very interested in them unless they start flapping and running... but even then she stops immediately when I correct her. I think with lots of socialization and time at the coop while she's young that she will learn to leave them be. And even so, she would never be around them unless I'm there anyways.

Here she is
smile.png

dogsLarge.jpg

sophiefaceLarge.jpg

cranepupLarge.jpg

chewLarge.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
She's a real character
smile.png
She is finally napping after an hour of playing with Halo and making a ruckus!

Ohhh, Puppy breath!!!
The first picture, she looks puppy sad..
The last picture is excellant. She is totally adorable!

Some pics from today

sleepyLarge.jpg

sleepy2Large.jpg

snuggleLarge.jpg

Poor Halo.... Sophie apparently thinks she owns me now and growls at Halo if he tries to get near us while she's napping. I am correcting her and I think in time she will learn to share
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom