Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

Sooooo now that I have a calmer life and more free time
big_smile.png
I will go back and look at the date ideas, and see if we can pinpoint a location.
This fest, I want to go north, so It may be somewhere around the central area, no less than an hour from the Michigan line. We have discussion going on Tshirt sales helping to fund next years get together so our contributors are not donating so much out of pocket.

Sooooo now that I have a calmer life and more free time
big_smile.png
I will go back and look at the date ideas, and see if we can pinpoint a location.
This fest, I want to go north, so It may be somewhere around the central area, no less than an hour from the Michigan line. We have discussion going on Tshirt sales helping to fund next years get together so our contributors are not donating so much out of pocket.
Idk of you're keeping a tally yet, but I'll buy a shirt.

I'm in for 2 adult shirts, maybe children's depending on price. I think it would be easier mentally to buy shirts with a bit of a margin built in and also pay a per person fee for the food and facility. Maybe the price could depend a bit on age. For us, we have limited space in the car, so for 2015 bringing a cooler of drinks and money might be the best way.

Here is a local buffet pricing for children. I think the adult meals there start out around $10.

ages 4-7 $1.99 Buffet & Beverage
ages 8-12 only $2.99 Buffet & Beverage
ages 3 & under FREE Buffet & Beverage

Another thing that I would be willing to pay for at fund raiser prices would be the painted napkin holders that match the shirts. Those turned out really nice.

Lastly if we decide to do the items for a fundraiser, if we can get a few items shipped to arrive by Christmas, I'm sure I would get a few presents for those on my list.

Editing to add my opinion on timing. If we do the fundraiser or the shirts, it would be easier on my budget to buy these kinds of things at least a month ahead of the chicken fest.

Last edited:
I love the idea of t-shirts for Christmas (or Chanukah) presents. We also have less cash in the summer so being able to buy earlier would be great. I somehow missed the napkin holders, but might be interested in those as well. I was also thinking maybe a canvas bag with the logo printed on it (like for shopping at the grocery store or farmers market). We can always use more of those, and they make great presents.

Do we have a date or location yet?

No but I am sure working on it! I want to find a north central location less than an hour from the michigan line. Hang in there! We are going to set date and location soon
wink.png

I love the idea of t-shirts for Christmas (or Chanukah) presents. We also have less cash in the summer so being able to buy earlier would be great. I somehow missed the napkin holders, but might be interested in those as well. I was also thinking maybe a canvas bag with the logo printed on it (like for shopping at the grocery store or farmers market). We can always use more of those, and they make great presents.
We are finalizing plans.. hope sales will fund our chickenfest next spring! We absolutely are looking at totes everyone uses them for shopping!

Back
Top Bottom