MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Can someone help me? My newly hatched chick did not got up and walk right away and also appears to have a red bean shaped thing attached to its back end! Help!
Newly hatched chicks usually will lay around for a little bit resting. It's hard work hatching. The red bean shaped thing sounds like it has fully absorbed it's yolk sack yet.

[COLOR=000000]14 days left to enter ALL the Contests!![/COLOR]​

OOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

[COLOR=333333]
A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

[/COLOR]​
Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE - Prizes are yet to be determined.

Ahh i need to hustle!

Ugh so ordered barnevelder eggs from eBay, even with the pdf of how I wanted them shipped, the person wrapped them in a piece of newspaper each, single sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom, single on top... 3 eggs completely smashed, another 4 cracked, 2 already weeping. All the rest (they sent 2 doz) had no attached air cells, and are pretty bubbly in the inside, so pretty sure they are scrambled. Also was not held at p.o. like I asked. I don't like the egg color either, they are supposed to be a dark brown, all I got were light brown eggs. Going to pick up some quality barnevelder eggs on memorial day weekend.

Last edited:
HarmonyAnns Serama, her White ones

and a roo that needed spurs clipped, I may mention he dont like me anymore lol

Ugh so ordered barnevelder eggs from eBay, even with the pdf of how I wanted them shipped, the person wrapped them in a piece of newspaper each, single sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom, single on top... 3 eggs completely smashed, another cracked, 2 already weeping. All the rest (they sent 2 doz) had no attached air cells, and are pretty bubbly in the inside, so pretty sure they are scrambled. Also was not held at p.o. like I asked. I don't like the egg color either, they are supposed to be a dark brown, all I got were light brown eggs. Going to pick up some quality barnevelder eggs on memorial day weekend.

That stinks. I had that happen with some shipped eggs recently and only one made it to lockdown. Make sure you contact the seller and ask for them to reship egs or refund you. Take pictures before you toss the box or the broken eggs if at all possible.

My day 14 candle i have 3 croads left living! Wonky saddle air cells but lively chicks in all except the one marked with an X.
Good luck with your hatch. I think they will hatch for you! What are you doing with all those unfilled spaces in your incubator? Is that legal? Those spots need something in them or you may have to be reported to crazy chicken ladies anonymous.
well i have 10 chicks arriving next week and 36+ eggs arrivind week of june 7th!!!!!
1f606.png
1f605.png
1f603.png
1f602.png
1f601.png
1f600.png
1f609.png
1f60a.png
but i think im about out of money

Back
Top Bottom