MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I hatched my first ever turkey today! Two actually
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

R
Congrats!!
woot.gif

Quote: Oh Have fun you guys!!

FINALLY or shall I say third time is the charm?? I HAD A Turkey POULT HATCH today!! one more is zipped!! My first ever success with hatching a turkey egg (okay well I myself didn't hatch it the incubator did LOL)...Another EE egg has zipped One turkey egg left (they were due tomorrow) and then 4 more eggs due Fri and then i don't think any more eggs are due to hatch until June...
CONGRATS!!!!

Quote: I guess candle in a day or two and check again, what is your humidity in the house?

Early this morning I had a few that has already hatched, really due tomorrow.
yesss.gif

Lockdown at noon today. Here is what we ended up with,15:

6 Lavender Orpingtons (7-1 early death)
3 Russian Orloffs (7-3 clear,
1 blood ring)
5 Ameracauna mix (6-1 clear)
1 Black Copper Marans (4-3 clear,
rooster was injured, we knew these may not be fertile, breeder didn't charge for them.

Two of the Lavender Orpingtons are wiggling in their eggs already, and all fifteen showed movement when we candled last night. Hoping for a good hatch. It's our first time so have no idea how successful we'll be and am very nervous and excited!
Good luck !!!!!
wee.gif

I hatched my first ever turkey today! Two actually
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

TURKEY!!!!!!!! sweet baby!!

Look at that ones feet all black!!!!! me want!!! me want!!!! cool egg!!! what breed pups are great! :) I have been getting some cute duckies this season! Sometimes their spots are just adorable! That egg was from a Silkie. I set it just to see what would happen... Maybe it will be the only egg I can get to loose enough moisture. ;) LOVE the puppies! So so cute but I know how much work they are.

My 2 broodies that are brooding together hatched 2 chicks a couple days early. 2 days later (day 21) there were 3 pips and 1 internal pip. Well yesterday I came home to find one hen is constantly paranoid and switching nests every 5 seconds while the other grabs anything by the comb that comes near. I find the egg with an internal pip crushed and the 2 that pipped ice cold. Well they were still alive. They were shrink wrapped and I didn't help them until I thought the veins were absorbed. Well they had bloody/open navels. I have dealt with it before but I hate to have it happen. I stopped the bleeding and put them in the incubator and they are safe and alive. I left the broodies the 2 most active chicks and took the others and put them in a brooder. Out of my eggs I have 8 Silkie eggs left and 5 Serama eggs left! I can't wait for hatch day (today is day14)
@Jessimom
@Sally Sunshine

Hehe. Some eggs that I had traded out for were supposed to be Polish/ Naked Neck cross, well the brown eggs turned out to be Sizzles. So Iglesias I'll raise some Sizzles.

They'll go to my grandsons when they ( the chicks) are older.

Quote:
Thank you!

My 2 broodies that are brooding together hatched 2 chicks a couple days early. 2 days later (day 21) there were 3 pips and 1 internal pip. Well yesterday I came home to find one hen is constantly paranoid and switching nests every 5 seconds while the other grabs anything by the comb that comes near. I find the egg with an internal pip crushed and the 2 that pipped ice cold. Well they were still alive. They were shrink wrapped and I didn't help them until I thought the veins were absorbed. Well they had bloody/open navels. I have dealt with it before but I hate to have it happen. I stopped the bleeding and put them in the incubator and they are safe and alive. I left the broodies the 2 most active chicks and took the others and put them in a brooder. Out of my eggs I have 8 Silkie eggs left and 5 Serama eggs left! I can't wait for hatch day (today is day14)
@Jessimom
@Sally Sunshine
oh wow good luck with them Shah hope the navels heal fine!

Back
Top Bottom