Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

This may seem stupid and newbie for which I apologize - BUT - when I did the "ohhh little and cute and marked down to 50 cents each!" For straight run mystery bantams - I did a FAIL and got 4 of 6 being fiesty, aggressive, silver duck wing OEGB Roo's.

For the most part - we are navigating - although I fully expect Marvin Gaye, my black Australorp Roo is going to move from mellow to "keep it up little dude and I am going to show explain to you how this shizz is going to roll".

However - one of the little Roo's that have a serious case of short man syndrome have been torturing one of my smaller chicks who moved up to the big chick coop this week - gets in her face, chased her around, pecks at her repetition and over all - is a schemeckle.

Any ideas on what to do with him that does not include seeing if he can swim in the river out back? Because he and I are fixing to have words.

Miss Broodiepants

If you don't have room to keep roosters separate, it's best to do away with extras, and I prefer to do it as soon as they can be identified as boys. It is not any easier to do it later, either physically or mentally, and you get less chance to get attached.

Townline supplies TSC and FF&H in many areas of Michigan, and their bantam mixes tend to have many OEGs. Beautiful birds, but the cockrels won't get along well together. Send them away! Or build several separate pens with one cockrel each. They won't get on better later, but might be wonderful with people. Good luck, Mary

Buffs out with the big girls. everybody seems to be getting along now with nobody really going after the buffs as long as they give them a wide birth. Tonight I'm planning on putting them up on a roost with the big girls to fully integrate them.

These guys are looking for new homes they are currently 4 weeks old and will be ready for adoption in a couple weeks through the Calhoun county animal shelter

Back
Top Bottom