Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

The D'uccles have not been viable so far this year, but we're giving them a test here. See the wonderful thing of all these eggs from the breeder, I can justify all the eggs to my hubby because I'm "helping" with the fertility check 🤣 and, they will assist on selling any from their eggs I don't want to keep. But, I will likely try to grow a bunch out so I can pick the best 😊

The D'uccles have not been viable so far this year, but we're giving them a test here. See the wonderful thing of all these eggs from the breeder, I can justify all the eggs to my hubby because I'm "helping" with the fertility check 🤣 and, they will assist on selling any from their eggs I don't want to keep. But, I will likely try to grow a bunch out so I can pick the best 😊
What ever it takes to keep the breed alive, somebody has to hatch these eggs. 🤣

Love the SFH! Wish you were a lot closer so I could come get some chicks when they hatch! Just the leftovers you don't want of course... 😉🤣
Oh, of course!

If you want, I can check with the breeder and see if there are any farms they recommend in TX. Even once I have my NPIP, I don't plan on shipping live birds, it seems so risky and stressful for them. Now, if an animal transporter was making a run from here through TX, that would be ok!

In my borrowed incubator I have a borrowed thermo-hygrometer that Bluetooth to my phone :celebrate it is so cool I have one ordered for my incubator! It trends both temperature and humidity! You can see wherein was up to temperature then I set the eggs, and the recovery, the humidity I will try to keep at 45, I out a humidity block in the EX and I need to do the same in the Advance, my incubator is in the mid 30s.

Screenshot_20240303_091158.jpg

In my borrowed incubator I have a borrowed thermo-hygrometer that Bluetooth to my phone :celebrate it is so cool I have one ordered for my incubator! It trends both temperature and humidity! You can see wherein was up to temperature then I set the eggs, and the recovery, the humidity I will try to keep at 45, I out a humidity block in the EX and I need to do the same in the Advance, my incubator is in the mid 30s.

View attachment 3762221
This is SO cool! Anyone hatching should have this!!

This is SO cool! Anyone hatching should have this!!
I believe if we had WiFi I could get updates from anywhere, but we don't, so I have to be within BT range and even then, I have to try to get it to refresh a few times before it finally finds itself 🤣 its 100% worth it though! I think it will be great to put a snippet of this trend with my hatch records.

The thermo-hygrometer arrived today and I put it into the Brinsea Advance. It's tracking .8 to .9 deg higher than what the Brinsea says it is. I decreased the Brinsea by .2 and the thermo-hygrometer matched it with a .2 drop. I've now reduced it another .2, so it is set at 99.1 deg but it is still at 100, I'll see how it does overnight. I swapped sensors between the two incubators as a check, and they each went to exactly what the other had been saying, so I'm using that as proof they mean what they say and my lovely Advance runs a little warm.

Back
Top Bottom