Pics
I got ahold of the breeder who assured me, these are 100% silkie cuckoos. The cuckoo roosters do sometimes bleed and she doesn't know why but someone else was saying the same thing. That really can't be quality though. :confused:
Ok phew, they aren't crosses! I think leakage is fairly common, I don't know how you would breed it out / shut it off though. The cuckoo makes it hard since you'd have to have cuckoo females too.

I think you are safe to stay with your original plan of just keeping a NN if it is a pullet. If you're on the fence, I'd say sell it. It's very unique so I'm sure someone will be super happy to get it. Some people like the look of leakage.

For your super gorgeous cuckoo / white, definitely keep it!

Ok phew, they aren't crosses! I think leakage is fairly common, I don't know how you would breed it out / shut it off though. The cuckoo makes it hard since you'd have to have cuckoo females too.

I think you are safe to stay with your original plan of just keeping a NN if it is a pullet. If you're on the fence, I'd say sell it. It's very unique so I'm sure someone will be super happy to get it. Some people like the look of leakage.

For your super gorgeous cuckoo / white, definitely keep it!
I agree. Thank you.

Oh, but I do have two female cuckoos. This is the normal cuckoo rooster and they look pretty much like he does with white tufts on their heads. One's a bit lighter, the other a bit darker. Not sure why I never snapped a photo of them, yet. But, I'm not into worrying about breeding bleeding out so I'll find fancy boy NN a home, and keep the B&W one and if he keeps passing on bleeding, oh well, I'll deal with it somehow.

cuckoo rooster.JPEG

I agree with @2ndTink keep the adorable frizzle and rehome the NN roo. That frizzle is so beautiful! It reminds me of two frizzle chicks that I have that are “silver laced satin” they don’t have the awesome cuckoo tail though 😍
I'm going to do that. Thank you both! I appreciate your making some sense of this for me! :hugs

Edit: I re-read your post - is the picture a cockerel? Sorry from this angle he looks all pullet 😂 And he doesn’t have his red comb and wattles yet!

Original post:
What a gorgeous cuckoo pullet!!!! Ugh you’re making me want to try and get more cuckoo eggs! I had 1-2 in with my Bobbi order but they didn’t develop 😭 I was really sad about it. And my “lemon cuckoo” chick I think didn’t get the cuckoo gene because it looks solid buff to me. So I don’t have any cuckoo at all and after seeing your pullet I’m kind of sad about it 😂

Edit: I re-read your post - is the picture a cockerel? Sorry from this angle he looks all pullet 😂 And he doesn’t have his red comb and wattles yet!

Original post:
What a gorgeous cuckoo pullet!!!! Ugh you’re making me want to try and get more cuckoo eggs! I had 1-2 in with my Bobbi order but they didn’t develop 😭 I was really sad about it. And my “lemon cuckoo” chick I think didn’t get the cuckoo gene because it looks solid buff to me. So I don’t have any cuckoo at all and after seeing your pullet I’m kind of sad about it 😂
Are you talking about the B&W one? I know that one doesn't have comb or wattles yet, but I assume it's a rooster due to posture. I'd be blown away if that one turned out to be a pullet as I'm so sure it's male. It stands tall all the time, whilst the hens don't.

I agree. Thank you.

Oh, but I do have two female cuckoos. This is the normal cuckoo rooster and they look pretty much like he does with white tufts on their heads. One's a bit lighter, the other a bit darker. Not sure why I never snapped a photo of them, yet. But, I'm not into worrying about breeding bleeding out so I'll find fancy boy NN a home, and keep the B&W one and if he keeps passing on bleeding, oh well, I'll deal with it somehow.

View attachment 3827143

I'm going to do that. Thank you both! I appreciate your making some sense of this for me! :hugs
Ooh, I like him, the baring looks awesome silkied! So... could you breed a chocolate silkie rooster over a cuckoo hen and get barred carrying chocolate males, then breed that over more cuckoo females and get a few chocolate cuckoos in the hatch?

Back
Top Bottom