Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
I have always wanted a frizzled silkie!! They are sooo cute! I haven’t ever hatched one, and for a few days I thought a bunch of my recent hatch were frizzled but I think it may have been normal wing feather growth. I did end up with one for-sure frizzle but it’s a satin rather than a silkie. I’ll post a pic of one of the silkies that I thought was a frizzle at first feathering. I hope to have an actual frizzled silkie someday!!

Attachments

• IMG_7672.jpeg
    IMG_7672.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 2
Day 11! I removed a few clears before work this morning from 2 of the trays, I'll try to get the rest removed this evening. I think I'll wait for this weekend to remove any quitters to be 100% sure on those, but the clears are quite obvious at this point so I'll free up the incubator space. I'm going to be setting a few more EE eggs this Saturday from Fizzy so we will be sure to have a good selection to choose our keepers from.

Here's the chocolate frizzle I'm pretty sure is a cockerel from the last hatch with breakfast all over his face 🤣
View attachment 3770991
Omgosh I want one like him for the cochins :love

I have always wanted a frizzled silkie!! They are sooo cute! I haven’t ever hatched one, and for a few days I thought a bunch of my recent hatch were frizzled but I think it may have been normal wing feather growth. I did end up with one for-sure frizzle but it’s a satin rather than a silkie. I’ll post a pic of one of the silkies that I thought was a frizzle at first feathering. I hope to have an actual frizzled silkie someday!!
Where are you at? I can hook you up 🤣 I would like just one frizzle and I think I have 4 or 5 🤪

I have removed some clears but not all so far. Sheesh, most of the clears from Debbie's eggs had just completely mangled air cells, when you move the egg the air cell runs all over the place, usps must have a special scrambler they run these boxes through, dang! There are two with saddled air cells still developing, hang in there little ones! I did remove 1 quitter so far from the shipped eggs, it looked like an early quitter, just a few days in but the second questionable I had is going strong!

I'll be updating the list tonight or tomorrow once I remove all the clears, double check the questionables, and get them all written down.

Day 12 today!

Back
Top Bottom