Well it seems like with the ducklings we have 3 girls and 1 boy. Prince keeps picking at the runt who is the boy. He chases him away from the rest of the flock and attacks him. Having to separate Prince now it seems.

Yes they can be, Also forgot to mention my Blue/Black Swedish started to finally lay, and she managed to lay a normal and a mini egg one day lol.
IMG_4743[1].JPG

:lol: sorry had to laugh. I even have goose jail too lol
No problem, I laughed as well. The Runt duckling, now named Chase is my wife's duck. She was not happy to see Prince pecking at the duckling, nor chasing him off to the other side of the yard alone.
The ducklings are now named; Chase (the white runt), Rose (the larger white), Hopper (the swedish looking one, darker grey) and Brownie (the rouen looking one, my daughters girl scouts named her).

As an update on all the ducks.. Cleaner, Mal and Princess all laying eggs and seem to be doing well. Prince during the week is in Drake Jail and I let him out on the weekends to be with his girls. The ducklings Hopper, Rose, Brownie and Chase free range with the females during the week and then they swap out with Prince into the jail for the weekend. It is interesting to see how the ducklings are growing. Brownie - the Rouen x Swedish mix is keeping her Rouen colors. Hopper - Pekin x Swedish is looking more like a black Swedish possibly, Rose - Pekin x Swedish is looking more Blue Swedish and Chase (drake) - Pekin x Swedish seems to be keeping Pekin colors with black beak. I started to try and sell duck eggs on eBay for hatching purposes. Hopefully all goes well with that.
IMG_4856[1].JPG IMG_4857[1].JPG

Still so beautiful. Now you have me wanting to get another swedish to mate with my Pekins. They are so cute. All of them. You lucky duck.:lau

Back
Top Bottom