OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Yes, we had the wind! Luckily, I only had to repair the lattice cover over their little compost/scratch area between the coop and the fence. I'm glad I used plastic panels instead of a roll of plastic to wind-proof the run this time! Took a couple snaps of the coop yesterday. You can see the plastic wind block and the straw to keep their feet off the cold sand. The cement block is my step to reach into the coop for getting to the food and water, half of that side is a big door with a small pop door cut into it for the chooks. The block is handy to put treats on and as a perch. This little run is where they spend most of their time, (even when the run door is wide open) when there is snow on the ground or too much rain or wind. Today there is not much wind, no rain, and fairly mild, so they are out and about in their free-range yard (there area that our 1/3 acre fenced in pond is).

Last edited:
Yes, we had the wind! Luckily, I only had to repair the lattice cover over their little compost/scratch area between the coop and the fence. I'm glad I used plastic panels instead of a roll of plastic to wind-proof the run this time! Took a couple snaps of the coop yesterday. You can see the plastic wind block and the straw to keep their feet off the cold sand. The cement block is my step to reach into the coop for getting to the food and water, half of that side is a big door with a small pop door cut into it for the chooks. The block is handy to put treats on and as a perch. This little run is where they spend most of their time, (even when the run door is wide open) when there is snow on the ground or too much rain or wind. Today there is not much wind, no rain, and fairly mild, so they are out and about in their free-range yard (there area that our 1/3 acre fenced in pond is).

Looks great!! I do want to get some of those plastic panels!

I have a question. I know co-ops and feed mills have been brought up before, but are there any in the area of Marengo, Mt. Gilead, Delaware and Marion that anyone can recommend? When I buy from someone that mentions feed mills they always live well beyond an hour from me so I haven't actually looked into it before.

I have a question. I know co-ops and feed mills have been brought up before, but are there any in the area of Marengo, Mt. Gilead, Delaware and Marion that anyone can recommend? When I buy from someone that mentions feed mills they always live well beyond an hour from me so I haven't actually looked into it before.
on 36/37 in Delaware, there is a Champion feed Mill. They are great and have a drive thru. Pretty sure there is one on 23 as well, other than TSC by the state park
Mt gilead has one as well 500 w Marion Ave (95) CENTRAL OHIO farmers co-op Inc

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll check them out.

I ordered 15 chicks from the Bantam Grab Bag, 2 Frizzled Cochin, the Meal Maker, Vital Pack and GroGel from Meyer tonight. I set pick up for March 20th. I was going to schedule a May pick up, but I'm impatient.
tongue.png

I've used Vital Pack with all of my chicks, but this will be my first time using GroGel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom