Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

One more
IMG_20111024_133405.jpg

In most cases Brazilians are smaller, have a larger more pronounced tail, and often a higher angle of tail carriage. Their neck at times can be shorter and have more "sweeping" effect going on, too. But, they do vary.

The best sign for a Brazilian is carrying the dun gene.

I agree with everything you said except the color thing and the neck sweep. Brazilians come every color under the sun, and there is no particular coloring specific to the breed. The hackle sweep should be present on Shamo as well, even if you don't always see it with birds in the US. There is also quite a bit of variance in the type as they aren't bred to a show standard either.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said except the color thing and the neck sweep. Brazilians come every color under the sun, and there is no particular coloring specific to the breed. The hackle sweep should be present on Shamo as well, even if you don't always see it with birds in the US. There is also quite a bit of variance in the type as they aren't bred to a show standard either.

So what you are saying is: That in body type: other than size a Brazilian and a shamo are alot alike? Biggest difference is the tail and color? How do they compare when it comes to the way they act? Reason I am asking all these questions is because i am in the process of getting some shamo but like the fact that the Brazilians come in more colors. Also like the fact there is not a set standard for them I believe when a set in stone standard is set on a breed people have a tendancy to forget about the important things such as health and vigore. I have two lines of Regestard Scottish terriers one is show quality the other is not. The show quality dogs look great but are difficult to keep healthy. The othger line does not look as good but are tough as nails.

So what you are saying is: That in body type: other than size a Brazilian and a shamo are alot alike? Biggest difference is the tail and color? How do they compare when it comes to the way they act? Reason I am asking all these questions is because i am in the process of getting some shamo but like the fact that the Brazilians come in more colors. Also like the fact there is not a set standard for them I believe when a set in stone standard is set on a breed people have a tendancy to forget about the important things such as health and vigore. I have two lines of Regestard Scottish terriers one is show quality the other is not. The show quality dogs look great but are difficult to keep healthy. The othger line does not look as good but are tough as nails.

The reason for the difference in the two breeds is that many years ago, cockers in Brasil inserted Spanish Game blood into their Shamo fowl, making a smaller, quicker fighter. The breed is now a recognized breed, but they still look like an oriental............Pop

Do any of you ever sell brazillian chicks or eggs. Would like to get some a little later on in the year. Still a little cold here in Illinois to try to raise chicks. If you do please send a PM. Maybe some pics as well.
Thanks

Do any of you ever sell brazillian chicks or eggs. Would like to get some a little later on in the year. Still a little cold here in Illinois to try to raise chicks. If you do please send a PM. Maybe some pics as well.
Thanks

Sorry, I have none to sell at this time. Cuda may have some, or know someone who does. I also think he is in Illinois.......Pop

Sorry, I don't sell chicks, but you are close pop, I'm in MI. BTW, here's a pic of some GP pups getting to know the yard. ;)

Sorry, I don't sell chicks, but you are close pop, I'm in MI. BTW, here's a pic of some GP pups getting to know the yard. ;)

Awesome picture, did you bath the pups before the shot
lol.png
How old are these guys and what special do you do with them when they are this young. I have spoke for and am recieving 2 that are just now 3 weeks old. I wanted females as in all other dogs I have ever trained, hunting, protection, police narctotics dogs etc I have always got along better with females. Is this the case or does it not make any differance in these guys. Again, it is an awesome picture.

Back
Top Bottom