Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Paulo,
Very nice looking bird there. I really like those spud asil.

Thank you. These smaller lighter weight Asils are new to my yard. They are a little more "energetic" and narrower body than my Reza Asils. They seem to be built more like my small Rampuri line and should be into same 3.5-4lb weight class. I am looking forward to their development.

Thanks.I never got a chance to weigh him.I will as soon as i borrow a scale. Can't be anymore then 3 pounds.
I thought he was large.

A bantam Asil cock (over 1 year of age) cannot weight over 1 3/4 lbs (give or take 20%). 3 lbs for a 9 month old is the size of a standard size Asil (Reza type which is the only type standardized). He is very nice looking though.

Last edited:
Thank you. These smaller lighter weight Asils are new to my yard. They are a little more "energetic" and narrower body than my Reza Asils. They seem to be built more like my small Rampuri line and should be into same 3.5-4lb weight class. I am looking forward to their development.
Let's see some pics of your rampuri when you get a chance. Thanks, Lee

Got a question about Shamo, I bought some about a year ago and the stags seem to have a strawberry comb, is that normal or would Malay have been crossed in to get that comb. Seems I read somewhere that Shamo did come with a variety of combs. Could anyone shine some more light on this for me.

Hi, I was told these birds were Thai gamefowl. Do they look like they conform to standard? Whatever they are, they are very intelligent and have great personalities. They are 9 months old.

Back
Top Bottom