Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

http://www.reocities.com/horsesnewmexcom/gradingup.htm

Here is a definition of grading for you. Basically it means cross bred, not pure. Pure asils were used to cross with American fowl, usually to the point of 1/4 to 1/8 asil and the rest American. The cross bred birds with high percent American blood are called grades. Asil grades are commonly and mistakenly called and sold as pure asils by people who usually simply don't know better. I think it's usually an honest mistake. Your birds are not pure asil, I would guess 1/4 roughly maybe less for the one on the left. They are too delicately built for pure asil, among many other details. I'm sure they are fine birds and if you okie them that's what counts. But they are NOT asils.

http://www.reocities.com/horsesnewmexcom/gradingup.htm
Here is a definition of grading for you. Basically it means cross bred, not pure. Pure asils were used to cross with American fowl, usually to the point of 1/4 to 1/8 asil and the rest American. The cross bred birds with high percent American blood are called grades. Asil grades are commonly and mistakenly called and sold as pure asils by people who usually simply don't know better. I think it's usually an honest mistake. Your birds are not pure asil, I would guess 1/4 roughly maybe less for the one on the left. They are too delicately built for pure asil, among many other details. I'm sure they are fine birds and if you okie them that's what counts. But they are NOT asils.
thx for the info....I was pretty sure they wasn't pure

I do not know this person out of GA you speak of. I can assure you Suzann's has NEVER acquired Ko from GA.

Are you sure about that? Ask Suzanne.

BTW- Suzann's original imports also thru Blue Wheatens, Gingers, Blacks and Whites.

To the best of my knowledge. Suzanne's original birds were the "Brantly" birds. They only produced wheatens.

A later german importation yielded 2 pullets (I have pictures of them) that were crossed on "Brantly" males.

A later importation is where the blue wheatens came from. This may be where the whites and blacks and gingers came from as well.

But don't take my word for it - get the info straight from the source.

ALL MINE - NEAR PERFECT

Father:

Son:

Wait until you see the blue ginger I raised this year.

On the eye color- the mature pair I started with have pearl eyes. Although when I got them they were red, they are pearl now. All the young birds from this year have pearl eyes at this point, those are pictures from spring. The eye color is very good but it takes some time to develop. Do any of your birds start with pearl eyes? I gave only raised the Ko and some Thai for one year, but they all started with red eyes and became pearl with age. I guess I assumed that was typical?

Back
Top Bottom