Do you have a poodle!?

• Total voters
Pics
I had one when I was a kid. A miniature named Pepe. One of the few male dogs I ever had. Always loved poodles. Hope to get another one day. Would love to see other's poodles in the meantime. :pop

I had one when I was a kid. A miniature named Pepe. One of the few male dogs I ever had. Always loved poodles. Hope to get another one day. Would love to see other's poodles in the meantime. :pop
He sounds awesome! I love poodles so much! Hoping others will post some lol

I recently brought home my first poodle, a red miniture named Winston. He is now 13 weeks old, and incredibly smart. Very energetic too. I plan to get involved in agility and other sports with him, which I've already begun training for. He is a lot of work, but seeing his progress makes it all worth it.
20230825_175729(0).jpg
20230804_132835.jpg
20230825_103302.jpg

I personally very much so dislike poodles. Especially the small ones. I know they can be very smart and obedient dogs, but I've yet to meet one. Maybe it's just the owners? Or maybe I'd change my mind if I had one.
Thatā€™s understandable! Theyā€™re not for everyone for sure

I personally very much so dislike poodles. Especially the small ones. I know they can be very smart and obedient dogs, but I've yet to meet one. Maybe it's just the owners? Or maybe I'd change my mind if I had one.
It is 100% the owners.
Small dogs tend to attract irresponsible owners. The smaller the dog, the more likely someone is going to treat it like a toy. And because of their popularity, there are many back-yard breeders selling poodles who are not breeding for health and temperament, but for the profit. Which means these dogs often are not going to have the traits of a well bred poodle, such as friendliness, intelligence, good obedience, etc. So their genetics can be part of the problem too.

The poodles intelligence comes only second to the border collie, and miniature and standard poodles are considered high energy dogs. If the owner is not meeting their mental and physical needs by properly exercising and training them, they are going to have a bored and disobedient dog.

Poodles are a very versatile breed that is capable of much more than looking pretty. If you're willing to train and work with them they can be awesome dogs.

Back
Top Bottom