Prolapse and bleeding

I havent done anything to her butt yet today. I THINK it is a little bit smaller. As far as meds Water got electo/vitamins and real honey. Food consisted of a scrambled egg with a tums, prednisone 10 mg. and liquid amoxicillin a 1/4 tsp. No egg today day 4 .

How is she Granny?

Hopefully the antibiotics will help fight any infection. I know it's distressing when one is not doing well. If you haven't taken a good look at it, you may want to and apply some more ointment.

Did she eat the egg and TUMS o.k.? It's good if she did - calcium helps with contractions of the oviduct, this usually assists in retaining a prolapse once the swelling is down.

@Wyorp Rock Im not getting alerts. Im sorry. Yes she ate them good . I just finished bathing her and tried to put it back but it wont stay. It looks pretty dark. I could tell the difference in the tums. Dont ask me how I know this. I added the A&D to everything else I have been using. including the tums and prednisone. My DH is asking me to cull her. Not because of her but me. She still has plenty fight in her as she just clawed my stomach and flat tires up. Prolapse about the size of an aggie marble now. but pretty dark.

today before treatment. No after pictures. Calcium, prednisone, antibiotic in crumbles . No egg today. No one gave me any. LOL
100_1935.JPG
100_1936.JPG

today before treatment. No after pictures. Calcium, prednisone, antibiotic in crumbles . No egg today. No one gave me any. LOLView attachment 1302934 View attachment 1302940

It looks like an accumulation of scabbing/poop and possibly dried tissue-hard to tell.
If the tissue itself is turning black, then you may need to debride it.

I hope to hear back that she is doing really well and that you are too:hugs

Back
Top Bottom