revolution ..yay!!

I'm wondering what product to use for leg mites? Also does anyone know where to buy Selamectin? Will that work for leg mites too?

Hi! I use NuStock for leg mites, injuries, you name it. It's amazing stuff! Use gloves, because your hands will smell like sulfur for days. Rub it all the way up the leg, covering it all with the cream. Usually once is enough. NuStock is just sulfur, pine tar and mineral oil...I'm never without it. I have used it on all my farm animals and me!

It is made as a deep wound salve. It's thick, and stays where you put it. I use it on wounds, cuts, infected areas, you name it. I've used it where my dog got a hold of one of my chickens. She had a deep gash, you could see tendons..and I slathered that in the wound. Put her in a crate, gave her food and water, reapplied the nustock when needed, and turned her back out in two weeks. Amazing stuff! You just can't use it on internal areas. Nose, mouth, eyes, vent...you can use it around the vent though. It gets rid of the mites and eggs! I'm just never without it. The sulfur is the antibiotic, anti fungal agent. It's even safe to use on cats! Which I've done, by the way...she wasn't happy, but it worked!

Hi all!
I wanted to know if anyone else uses revolution(for dogs) on their hens for mites ect....
My silkies had lice,and I had some revoltuion,so I used it on them,and they;re gone!! I also
cleaned out the shavings and replaced them,,but man,if this stuff works on the hens as it does on the dogs,I think it will change my life!!
It is suppose to keep pests off them for up to 1 month,and then you re apply in a month. Same would go for other drop ons like advantage,,I did 3 drops on their back. I used my best judgement for the administration quanitiy.
I am thrilled!!
EEEKKK why would you put poison on your chickens? Or dog for that matter?

Welcome! When your birds, or dogs, whatever, get parasites, they need to be treated! The difference is, that dogs and cats, and usually horses, are considered companion animals, not eaten in the USA. Poultry, cattle, sheep, etc, are livestock, and are eaten, and poultry also produce eggs that are eaten by people. Different rules apply!!!
Some backyard flock owners feel that rules are made to be broken, and don't apply to them, although those same people would be very offended if commercial producers behaved the same way. (IMO, flame suit on!)
Permethrin or pyrethrin or spinosad are very effective for external parasites in chickens, totally approved, and as of now, no egg withdrawal times. The permethrin spray is cheap and easy to use, too. Sooner or later your birds will find those mites, lice, or ticks, and you will be treating them! Mary

Welcome! When your birds, or dogs, whatever, get parasites, they need to be treated! The difference is, that dogs and cats, and usually horses, are considered companion animals, not eaten in the USA. Poultry, cattle, sheep, etc, are livestock, and are eaten, and poultry also produce eggs that are eaten by people. Different rules apply!!!
Some backyard flock owners feel that rules are made to be broken, and don't apply to them, although those same people would be very offended if commercial producers behaved the same way. (IMO, flame suit on!)
Permethrin or pyrethrin or spinosad are very effective for external parasites in chickens, totally approved, and as of now, no egg withdrawal times. The permethrin spray is cheap and easy to use, too. Sooner or later your birds will find those mites, lice, or ticks, and you will be treating them! Mary
I was asking WHY would you use toxins on your animals, not what you use them for..lol..And in over 30 years raising chickens mine have never been treated with any toxic product. I raise my flocks with a all natural non gmo holistic approach. Natural foods and such as preventative measures. I have NEVER had a case of lice or mites or any other parasitic creature..lol...Never had worms or any respiratory illness or any other illnesses for that matter. Have had a few chicks over the years that I got from someone else that had wry neck..which i successfully treated , naturally, but have never had any of my chicks that I hatched come down with it. So, you be the judge of which better, wait and treat, or prevent it from ever happening .....and if I did happen to have something affect my flock it would NOT be treated with toxic products!!

Hi! I use NuStock for leg mites, injuries, you name it. It's amazing stuff! Use gloves, because your hands will smell like sulfur for days. Rub it all the way up the leg, covering it all with the cream. Usually once is enough. NuStock is just sulfur, pine tar and mineral oil...I'm never without it. I have used it on all my farm animals and me!
Thats really interesting. I use Bag Balm for the same reason. Small injuries, smothering leg mites. i use it on myself for certain things. I will see if TSC here carries the NuStock.

I had no idea I could use this on my chickens! Thanks for the information. As I have been using it on my cats for years, I have accidentally ingested and absorbed quite a bit of the stuff and apart from the usual loopy behavior of a crazy cat lady, I have seen no ill effects. By the way, you can buy all the Revolution you want online at Sierrapetmeds.com for a fraction of the price you pay at the vet. It comes from other countries but it is safe. You can even buy measured doses, that come with tiny syringes so you can measure the exact amount you need and just squirt it from the syringe. It's small enough to fit easily through a chicken's feathers to apply directly to their skin. It kills round worms in cats and dogs, so I wonder if it does the same for chickens?

Back
Top Bottom