Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie, there are some good looking birds you have there, and hope all goes well with the government.
Layers, will be praying the rain God produces for all you folks out there and for your Grandpa to have a speedy and full recovery.
Mom of Many, children can be a joy and a source of anxiety, trial and tribulation, and you may be in the early stages of the latter.
Hope all have success and satisfaction in your endeavors.

Good morning fellow chicken lovers.....
Ralphie - love the birds! I too would rather have a small combed birds due to our weather. I did not get over to read your other post but I hope all will be ok with your turkey birds. It would be a shame to have to kill the babies :(

I Love Layers...rain is coming :) and hope your grandpa is doing well!

MNChickMom - darn ticks!! (and next to his hernia incision....OUCH! ) Hope he recovers quickly!!

I just got a call from Shauna Voss, the state vet for poultry.... I am clean. No diseases.

She has never seen a bird that appeared to have MS/MG like this before and not be positive for it.

It has not spread beyond the original bird. I am back to thinking it is an allergy. My NPIP Status is still good, I am happy.

It is interesting to know something imitates MS/MG.

My babies from this morning get to live!

I just got a call from Shauna Voss, the state vet for poultry.... I am clean. No diseases.

She has never seen a bird that appeared to have MS/MG like this before and not be positive for it.

It has not spread beyond the original bird. I am back to thinking it is an allergy. My NPIP Status is still good, I am happy.

I am very happy for you and the turkeys !!
:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

be prepared for some chick flicks BWAHAHA....

I took some guesses with a few but right now I can say for sure I have at least 2 cockerels...

Cockerel ( I think) this chick started out looking just like a Cochin but when he feathered out, he has very faint barring
060917_1.jpg

Pullet 1 and 2
060917_2.jpg

Pullet or cockerel?
060917_3.jpg

Pullet
060917_4.jpg

Pullet
060917_5.jpg

Peek-a-roo :) (cockerel #2 - for sure)
060917_7.jpg

Pullet
060917_8.jpg

sorry, I guess they files were too big and they made the additional pics thumbnails?

Attachments

• 060917_6.jpg
    060917_6.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 060917_9.jpg
    060917_9.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 060917_10.jpg
    060917_10.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 3
  • 060917_11.jpg
    060917_11.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 060917_12.jpg
    060917_12.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 060917_13.jpg
    060917_13.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 060917peekaroo.jpg
    060917peekaroo.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 2

WOO HOO!!!!! :wee:woot:celebrate:highfive::yesss::thumbsup

be prepared for some chick flicks BWAHAHA....

I took some guesses with a few but right now I can say for sure I have at least 2 cockerels...

Cockerel ( I think) this chick started out looking just like a Cochin but when he feathered out, he has very faint barring
View attachment 1037128
Pullet 1 and 2
View attachment 1037129
Pullet or cockerel?
View attachment 1037130

Pullet
View attachment 1037131
Pullet
View attachment 1037132
Peek-a-roo :) (cockerel #2 - for sure)
View attachment 1037134
Pullet
View attachment 1037135

sorry, I guess they files were too big and they made the additional pics thumbnails?
Nice looking birds!

Back
Top Bottom